Wireless Midi?

Yes, those kind of products are the ones I'm asking about. I don't really know anything about Midi yet, but my interest was piqued about going wireless for a floor controller. It seems the Maudio version is only one direction only? My thought is that you would have to have a bi-directional communication between the floor controller and the Axe. Am I right?

Thanks,
-J

jumperboy said:
It seems the Maudio version is only one direction only?

Yes, it is one direction only.
That is not just the M-Audio though, the others are also one direction only.
If you want 2-way communication you'd need 2 kits, one for each direction.

jumperboy said:
My thought is that you would have to have a bi-directional communication between the floor controller and the Axe. Am I right?

No, you don't need 2-way communication. You may or may not want it.
Depending on your floor controller and use it may be convenient or completely useless to have t-way communication but it's not neccesary.

With a Gordius, Liquid Foot or maybe one day an MFC101 you'd want 2-way but with all others it would be pointless as they don't do anything with the information the Axe-Fx sends back anyway (and the Axe-Fx doesn't send anything they can use).

S.R.

Hmm looks intreasting so if i was just changing patches it would work, I wonder why i havent seen these in peoples rigs? Seems like a good idea.

srooijens said:
jumperboy said:
It seems the Maudio version is only one direction only?

Yes, it is one direction only.
That is not just the M-Audio though, the others are also one direction only.
If you want 2-way communication you'd need 2 kits, one for each direction.

jumperboy said:
My thought is that you would have to have a bi-directional communication between the floor controller and the Axe. Am I right?

No, you don't need 2-way communication. You may or may not want it.
Depending on your floor controller and use it may be convenient or completely useless to have t-way communication but it's not neccesary.

With a Gordius, Liquid Foot or maybe one day an MFC101 you'd want 2-way but with all others it would be pointless as they don't do anything with the information the Axe-Fx sends back anyway (and the Axe-Fx doesn't send anything they can use).

S.R.

Ahh... That would be a solution if I wanted not only to switch patches, but also display tuner and/or patch names... OK, thanks for the info.

-J

At first this sounds like a great idea... then when you consider all the extra crap you'd need cluttering up the floor, the MIDI cable w/ phantom power running back to the rack looks pretty damn good!

send.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dwbtljhDS0

sebby123 said:
Hmm looks intreasting so if i was just changing patches it would work, I wonder why i havent seen these in peoples rigs? Seems like a good idea.

Probably because the standard of excellence for all these $150+ units is a $15 cable.

stevieray said:
sebby123 said:

Probably because the standard of excellence for all these $150+ units is a $15 cable.

You have a good point :D

I love this concept! No cables = sweetness! Also if your using other midi stuff you can sync everything else up and it's nice and clean without a bunch of midi cables to hook up every time you play. I'm not sure about phantom power but it seems like the Air Power might do it. If your only using a midi foot controller then one midi cable is no issue but to sync up midi for the whole band... it's sexy!

Back
Top Bottom