Wireless headphones?

What a punk ass reply USMC_Trev, RF is way slower than speed of light... and you know it despite your formula, and I'm not even scientist but your insulting response is much faster than that I'm guessing.
Dude take a physics course then @ me. And why did you give it thumbs up if it was so atrocious?

Last edited:
All these heaphone wireless (non IR) options are RF. Speed of light not a factor in delay for this app. Analog or wicked fast digitally processed headphone dsp chips , also RF. I tried a Sony wireless headphone (3 years old model MDR-RF912R. I don't remember any delay when played thru kemper headphone jack . I believe it to have analoge signal path. There was less dynamics, and if you turn your head it would phase in and out . Old fm radio problem. I know you guys get the light speed thing , but some don't, Group hugg.....

Last edited:
My two cents,, buy the boss head phones Set it's amp to flat . Plug transmitter into "out 2" on Fractal. Mono only transmitter but stereo effect's can be setup in the waza. Bluetooth also built into the Waza. Waza also great go outside ,and play on it's own solution. I know the price is steep ,but it works ,and it's "now", tech . No perceiveable latency. Untill Some one makes a stereo headset with the same tech as the waza (boss) I think this is the only viable solution for most of us. I use this personally ,and it works for me.

Last edited:
My two cents,, buy the boss head phones Set it's amp to flat . Plug transmitter into "out 2" on Fractal. Mono only transmitter but stereo effect's can be setup in the waza. Bluetooth also built into the Waza. Waza also great go outside ,and play on it's own solution. I know the price is steep ,but it works ,and it's "now", tech . No perceiveable latency. Untill Some one makes a stereo headset with the same tech as the waza (boss) I think this is the only viable solution for most of us. I use this personally ,and it works for me.
You can get a Carvin IEM system for the same $$$

https://carvinaudio.com/collections/on-sale/products/em900

Love Carvin of old. R.I.P. For me.... this would be a pain to hook up to , has wires ,boxes, receiver boxes, transmitter box , associated transformers etc. Would be a great idea if you had to also use them live ,but I do not . I am still stuck in the "monitor era...:cool:"

Last edited:
Update:

I was testing out my Audio Technica M2 wireless last night with my FM3. No issues with latency, but it does cut off some of the lows and low mids. Even worse on the Koogo wireless. I suspect the other budget IEMs would have the same issue, until you move up to the hi-end Shure IEM range.

Anyone tried with the Boss Waza Air?

RF is literally the speed of light. c=3x10^8m*s^-1
Nothing is faster than that.
Not to make this a science discussion but wouldn’t RF refer to radio frequency. A radio frequency is a sound wave that would be limited to the speed of sound I believe. IR, infrared, is in the light spectrum.

Edit: I’ve been corrected. RF does not propagate like sound waves. Back to school for me.

Last edited:
Not to make this a science discussion but wouldn’t RF refer to radio frequency. A radio frequency is a sound wave that would be limited to the speed of sound I believe. IR, infrared, is in the light spectrum.
RF (radio frequencies) propagate at essentially the speed of light. RF, infrared, visible light — they're all electromagnetic waves, and they adhere to the same physics.

Sound waves are different. They're mechanical vibrations that can only travel through matter, and they're much slower.

Two wrongs don't make a right :). RF is not a sound wave, but the speed of light comment is also wrong, since the transmission speed is almost totally irrelevant for latency.

RF (radio frequencies) propagate at essentially the speed of light. RF, infrared, visible light — they're all electromagnetic waves, and they adhere to the same physics.

Sound waves are different. They're mechanical vibrations that can only travel through matter, and they're much slower.
Awesome. I always assumed radio frequencies traveled at the speed of sound. I guess it makes perfect sense. If they did, how could a plane traveling at Mach 1 ever talk to anyone in front of them?

Two wrongs don't make a right :). RF is not a sound wave, but the speed of light comment is also wrong, since the transmission speed is almost totally irrelevant for latency.
I wasn’t saying that it relevant to latency but I always assumed that RF traveled at the speed of sound for some reason. I’m glad someone clarified it. I’ve been wrong once before after all. ;)

So what do you guys do about wireless receiver batteries in the IEMs? Do you go for rechargeable or just feed them AAs like it’s Captain Crunch? I’ve been wanting to try IEMs but I haven’t due to cost and I read that batteries don’t last long.

So what do you guys do about wireless receiver batteries in the IEMs? Do you go for rechargeable or just feed them AAs like it’s Captain Crunch? I’ve been wanting to try IEMs but I haven’t due to cost and I read that batteries don’t last long.
Rechargeable NiMH AA's. Mine will easily last for a six-hour gig. I always carry a spare pair with a fresh charge, and in an emergency, I can drop in a pair of alkalines.

Awesome. I always assumed radio frequencies traveled at the speed of sound. I guess it makes perfect sense. If they did, how could a plane traveling at Mach 1 ever talk to anyone in front of them?
And if you watched a live game on satellite TV you wouldn't know the score till three days later.

Edit: I’ve been corrected. RF does not propagate like sound waves. Back to school for me.
Edit: I don’t read every post before replying to quotes...

Everything in the electromagnetic spectrum moves at the speed of light. The wavelength and frequency differentiate between IR, UV, visible light, X-raye, etc.
But, they all share the same rate at which they move from point A to point B:

c

That’s why the cops say ”you can outrun my car but you can’t outrun the radio”.

After you spend $1500 - $2000 on the IEM system... spending $9 on batteries every few months is a problem? :smirk:

Amazon product ASIN B00GTYF1ZU

Back
Top Bottom