Wireless Headphones for TV

slinky005

Power User
Looking to use for my Sony tv that accepts Bluetooth.
im willing to pay for high end but not against decent and cheaper.
My biggest concern is sync not being 100% when using Bluetooth. That takes precedence over sound quality for me.
Wired is not really an option.

I like my new Apple Pro Max headphones for BT connectivity. Working well enough.

Have they overcome Bluetooth's latency, or is this a pipe dream?

We only use the standalone Apple TV and my wife and I use our AirPod Pros. It’s great because we can connect both our pods at the same time. No sync issues. Can’t wait for spatial audio to come this fall

I use BT all day every day for video conferencing without any perceptible latency. I'm on calls with 10s of people all doing the same. If there was significant latency these calls would be a shit show. Well...a bigger shit show than they are now, which has nothing to do with BlueTooth. :D

We only use the standalone Apple TV and my wife and I use our AirPod Pros. It’s great because we can connect both our pods at the same time. No sync issues. Can’t wait for spatial audio to come this fall
Yea, I didn't think I'd like this, but I really like the ability to connect my Pro Max's to any AppleTV in the house.

A guy I jam with is an over the road truck driver. He uses his Boss Waza Air headphones for playing guitar, watching movies, and listening to music in his truck. He swears by them...but says battery life isn't the best.

I run Bose QC 35 II's with my Apple TV and the system perfectly compensates for latency 99% of the time. For that 1% all I ever need to do is pause for a moment or two then start playing again and it usually syncs right back up.

I use BT all day every day for video conferencing without any perceptible latency. I'm on calls with 10s of people all doing the same. If there was significant latency these calls would be a shit show. Well...a bigger shit show than they are now, which has nothing to do with BlueTooth. :D
I think they might be compensating for that latency by time-shifting the video. Or maybe Bluetooth really has been updated to fix the issue.

What I do know is that I personally find that latency renders Bluetooth unusable for live monitoring. Friends have reported the same. In-house Bluetooth-enabled hearing assist systems that I've used all exhibit at least 150 ms of latency, which is still useful for that function in a large venue.

I think they might be compensating for that latency by time-shifting the video. Or maybe Bluetooth really has been updated to fix the issue.
I'm not sure how they'd do that for multiple, independent video feeds though. There's a send a recieve latency issue too. Seems overly complicated to correct for.

What I do know is that I personally find that latency renders Bluetooth unusable for live monitoring. Friends have reported the same. In-house Bluetooth-enabled hearing assist systems that I've used all exhibit at least 150 ms of latency, which is still useful for that function in a large venue.
Don't doubt that, but this is for watching TV according to the OP's subject line.

I run Bose QC 35 II's with my Apple TV and the system perfectly compensates for latency 99% of the time. For that 1% all I ever need to do is pause for a moment or two then start playing again and it usually syncs right back up.
+1 for Bose QC 35 II's

On the opposite end I've also been using Aftershokz (bone conduction) so i can hear if wifey is calling me (in bed with injury).

I use my original Bose QC 35s with my LG OLED. There is some latency. I know I could dial in some correction if I wanted to, but too lazy to worry about it honestly. Battery lasts a fairly long time.

Sony WH-1000XM4, amazing headphones, use them with my mac and there's no perceptible latency.

Be careful about your Sony TV, I have a Sony Android TV and it has bluetooth but doesn't do audio over bluetooth for some bizarre reason. So make sure yours does.

Back
Top Bottom