Windows 11 22H2...

Windows 11 is fine for a new machine. There’s zero reason to upgrade an existing Windows 10 machine (that I can see). Windows 10 end of life is Oct 2025 - it will be supported for quite a while.
IMO at this point Windows 11 is the nicer OS. At least for me it works a bit nicer with a bit more consistency.

Haven't had any issues with my Fractal gear on it.

Ability to drag and drop items thru the taskbar, why did they remove that?
Well, actually they added this back thru an update I received today, so nevermind!
And another welcome and very handy addition is tabs in the file explorer

@DaveO knows. This is Gospel outside the workplace/corporate OS updates.

If your DAW works fine, Win10 is working well, and its not yet sunsetted by MS support, there is no good reason to perform an inplace upgrade to 11, the chance it shits the bed in some random elusive manifestation is never worth the risk, as the benefit is net zero.

Also just $0.02, YMMV...
I've always cloned my disk before any major upgrade. Never had to revert back but a good idea nevertheless.

'Nothing ventured...nothing gained', so there can be benefit and if you clone your disk there is net zero risk.

Last edited:
For my personal computers, I keep up to date on the cutting edge, because I'm like playing with computers and operating systems and stuff.

For my music workstations, it's the complete opposite. They're appliances, tools to achieve a specific job. Which means they need to be stable. I don't update them to new OSes unless I absolutely have to (security updates are a different story, those are automatic).

Back
Top Bottom