Windows 11 22H2...

stephenclark1

Experienced
This is for the IT minded people on here...I just got a notice on my Dell that I can upgrade to Windows 11 22H2 from Windows 10 for free...
How much crap I'm I asking for...especially related to my FAS stuff? All the stuff I do on this laptop and you can see where my priorities lie!

This is for the IT minded people on here...I just got a notice on my Dell that I can upgrade to Windows 11 22H2 from Windows 10 for free...
How much crap I'm I asking for...especially related to my FAS stuff? All the stuff I do on this laptop and you can see where my priorities lie!
No issues here. I have been running windows 11 since may of last year with zero issues. My DAW pc with the AX3 attached an using Studio One 5 has had zero issues with windows 11 since I rebuilt it and installed only windows 11 on it late last year. No issues with the AX3 drivers and I have noticed less drop outs with the USB firmware 1.14, than with windows 10. They still occur, just less often.

So far I have had zero issues with apps I used in 10 working with windows 11. This includes my UAD card and drivers which haven't been updated for a good bit. My Antelope Orion 32 also works in 11 with no issues and was never really meant to "work" past windows 10. My SSL Madi card also works great and was never supported even in Windows 10, so.. There is my experience with windows 11. I would say it is as good and a little better in a number of areas.

I just switched to 11 at work for testing before we start rolling it out to users on new machines. Been pretty smooth sailing so far. It's not much different than 10 except for the start menu. Other than ancient legacy apps that need to go away, we haven't seen many compatibility issues yet either. Seem pretty in step with 10 in that regard. Haven't used it with Fractal gear or software yet as I'm still on 10 at home and my old PC doesn't support it (no TPM chip on the motherboard). When I build a new a machine soon, I'll switch over to 11 there too.

I have been using 11 since it was released, and have zero problems so far. I'm regularly debloating the OS, since it gets updates so often. My PC is 11 years old that had the best parts of that time. Only hardware upgrade since than was switching to an SSD.

The machine runs pretty fast generally and it has no issue with the Axe 3. Axe is also my soundcard by the way.

I've installed on a bunch of laptops & desktops. No apparent issues so far.
In fact, the last few Windows updates have actually made the machines run better,
which is a first for MS.

All good for me too.. except a couple minor things.
  • Ability to drag and drop items thru the taskbar, why did they remove that?
  • No option to automatically show all the little icons on the right of the taskbar, you need to manually select which ones you don't want to hide and everytime one of those app is updated do it again...

Reactions: ESW
Question for the switchers: Did all your settings and software carry over fine without having to re-install/re-register anything?

I like windows 11 better so all the machines that can upgrade have been upgraded. I've been using Windows 11 for over a year now. I did test it on 1 machine for 6 months before switching the rest. I had zero issues with my upgrades.

I’ve been thinking about upgrading to Win 11 myself. One of my machines hit me with a “now’s your chance to get it,” with a strong implication that I’d mss out if I don’t jump right now. That usually means that someone wants you to do something without thinking about it. From my past experience with Windows 10 and other Microsoft products, I’m guessing that there’s some stuff have to do to keep Windows 11 from intruding further into my private information
and personal space.

I'm always curious about the opinions and experiences discussed in these OS threads...almost makes me miss my career days...almost. ;)

my 2 cents,
Dont do it... why risk doing a inplace upgrade if your already working w/no problems?

@DaveO knows. This is Gospel outside the workplace/corporate OS updates.

If your DAW works fine, Win10 is working well, and its not yet sunsetted by MS support, there is no good reason to perform an inplace upgrade to 11, the chance it shits the bed in some random elusive manifestation is never worth the risk, as the benefit is net zero.

Also just $0.02, YMMV...

Back
Top Bottom