Windows 10 update

jyflorida

Power User
Last night, Micro$oft pushed the new "Creator's Updated" to Windows 10 onto my computer. Fired up the AxeFX II earlier & nothing would connect. I ended up re-installing the Fractal USB drivers which took care of Fractal Bot and CabLab but AxeEdit wouldn't connect.

I ended up going into the settings and de-selecting the MIDI ports, closed out of the Preferences screen, then going back into Preferences and re-selecting the MIDI ports. It recognized the Axe immediately.

Just wanted to put this out here in case anyone experiences a similar problem after the "creators update" is pushed out to your systems.

I'm having this same problem, but nothing fixes it. I've tried this, uninstalling and reinstalling axe edit, all the drivers... yet Axe Edit and Fractal Bot still refuse to connect. The computer sees the axe when its plugged in in several categories in device manager, but nothing. Been dealing with the for 4 days and still haven't found a solution that works.

I installed the drivers and axe edit on a laptop I have, and it worked. Tried it again tonight and now it won't connect either. One thing I noticed is in the Add or Remove programs windows, the icon for Fractal USB Audio Driver is the old school uninstall icon of a box next to a trash can.. kinda weird. This is unbelievably frustrating.

Last night, Micro$oft pushed the new "Creator's Updated" to Windows 10 onto my computer. Fired up the AxeFX II earlier & nothing would connect. I ended up re-installing the Fractal USB drivers which took care of Fractal Bot and CabLab but AxeEdit wouldn't connect.

I ended up going into the settings and de-selecting the MIDI ports, closed out of the Preferences screen, then going back into Preferences and re-selecting the MIDI ports. It recognized the Axe immediately.

Just wanted to put this out here in case anyone experiences a similar problem after the "creators update" is pushed out to your systems.

Thanks, your post just saved me a lot of stress

You should submit tickets. As far as I understand developer team has no clue what's causing crashes and drop outs, they can't reproduce it. So if you submit tickets you may help somehow.

Back
Top Bottom