Win an ML Sound Lab Cab Pack!

Ha! Thanks mate.
As long as it's the good part I won't be offended lol.

Can't say I'm a fan of theirs, but I have to admit their tones and production values are really good, some of their riff and structures are good too. So I'll take it as a compliment.
I just can't listen to Chad the Paddle Pop Lion, doesn't appeal to me.

Wow that sounded awesome man. I know you probably spent a lot of time working on that but any chance I could get the patch, I'm curious how you laid it considering the tone stack switches and the use of fuzz. PM me if you want. I own CP7. Thanks!

Wow that sounded awesome man. I know you probably spent a lot of time working on that but any chance I could get the patch, I'm curious how you laid it considering the tone stack switches and the use of fuzz. PM me if you want. I own CP7. Thanks!

Sure thing, my first share preset request :)
I had three slightly different presets, so I combined them in the one preset using scenes to make it easier to check out.

For the song I posted I used scene 2 with both humuckers in the left side of the mix and scene 3 bridge pickup in the right.
Two extra guitars come in on the choruses, same as above but coil tapped for single coil.
There are two more guitars in the second chorus with an octave down one side and octave up on the other side for the melody tracks.

I was trying to find a big and ugly fuzz that is still versatile and between the three versions and different pickup positions it can be pretty fun.
I used the Freyer 60 tone stack and shifted the Tone Frequency setting until it opened up a bit. Ended up on 661.8Hz, I think the default was 900Hz.

Then it was a matter of playing with the balance between how much drive from the pedal and gain from the amp.
This is what I ended up with.

Totally different to my usual tone.

I hope this helps.
Have fun

Attachments

• JMP1 Fryette Fuzz.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 25
This is a lead tone from Solo88 Lead cab U010 ML USA Bulb R121 B1

Its just a lead i did over a youtube backing track.
The backing track is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfY...E4yHuJpEA8&annotation_id=annotation_183478573

I only did the lead. I had an idea for the chorus... but the rest is basically improvised. That's why it sorta sounds like i was short on ideas in between choruses lol

I printed the FX and all.. only thing added was a tad of ambience to the whole track to sorta glue it.

[soundcloud] https://soundcloud.com/cakewalkgg/ml-solo [/soundcloud]

11th hour submission! (Literally). It's still September here in the States.

I'm in the process of recording my band's new album and I'm now getting into the mixing/editing phase. This contest intrigued me, so I went through one of the tracks and reamped all the guitars using ML IRs in my AxeII (all Factory cabs). The sound, especially for the heavier stuff, turned out even better than I had before, so I suspect I'll be mixing the rest of the album (all 16 tracks) with these IRs!

Edit: goofed on the upload. Fixed now.

Last edited:
very epic!

Thanks! Im digging these entries very much my self too!! People really get nice results with this pack for sure!

I commented in your other post but had to say it again, this tone rocks!
Definitely a favourite for me.

I'd love to check out the preset if your friend was cool with it.

Apprecciate your interest and thanks for the kind words! Im almost done with mixing and i'd like to thinl its already better than that one i did, hehe, hope they let me to post the mix here when its done! I'll ask the preset too man! That shouldnt be a problem because i've tweaked it in. They are really nice fellas too so i'll get back to the matter when i know! :) theres actually two patches then. Jcm800 and dual recto!

Thanks! Im digging these entries very much my self too!! People really get nice results with this pack for sure!

Apprecciate your interest and thanks for the kind words! Im almost done with mixing and i'd like to thinl its already better than that one i did, hehe, hope they let me to post the mix here when its done! I'll ask the preset too man! That shouldnt be a problem because i've tweaked it in. They are really nice fellas too so i'll get back to the matter when i know! :) theres actually two patches then. Jcm800 and dual recto!

Cheers mate.
You did an awesome job with the mix, I'd love to hear the finished product.

I'm in the process of recording my band's new album and I'm now getting into the mixing/editing phase. This contest intrigued me, so I went through one of the tracks and reamped all the guitars using ML IRs in my AxeII (all Factory cabs). The sound, especially for the heavier stuff, turned out even better than I had before, so I suspect I'll be mixing the rest of the album (all 16 tracks) with these IRs!

That's amazing :encouragement:

those intro notes remind me of an animals as leaders song but i cant remember which...love the song though!

This is a lead tone from Solo88 Lead cab U010 ML USA Bulb R121 B1

Its just a lead i did over a youtube backing track.
The backing track is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfY...E4yHuJpEA8&annotation_id=annotation_183478573

I only did the lead. I had an idea for the chorus... but the rest is basically improvised. That's why it sorta sounds like i was short on ideas in between choruses lol

I printed the FX and all.. only thing added was a tad of ambience to the whole track to sorta glue it.

[soundcloud] https://soundcloud.com/cakewalkgg/ml-solo [/soundcloud]

Sounds really great, would you mind share preset? Thanks!!

That's amazing :encouragement:

Thanks! The mix still has a lot of work to do, and I think I'm going to redo the guitar solo. I like some parts of it, but not others.

those intro notes remind me of an animals as leaders song but i cant remember which...love the song though!

I'm sure there's some nascent influence in there somewhere. It's just a 4ths arpeggio lick moving up and down in 3rds.

The reason these results are coming in late is that it was really hard to choose from all these awesome clips. I'm not going to do the reality TV thing and say "this was the hardest thing I've ever had to do" but I did really feel bad about not giving a prize to some of you who I know really worked hard creating these clips. Truth be told at one point I felt like announcing everyone as a winner. I was planning to choose 5 winners but I had to double that to make it feel right for me so there will be 10 winners!!! In no particular order:

willstillsweeps - One of the most unique clips I've ever heard using my IRs. A creative patch and really nice playing.

shaunbmusic - The best agressive rock guitar tones in this contest. I want to know how these tones were achieved and learn how to do it myself.

Hyper Planet - The "dreamiest" and most "theatrical" entries. A lot of effort went into creating these clips and they all sound really good.

Vitor Mancini - Cab Pack 7 SM57-MD421 01 is starting to become a FAS forum myth. "The IR that killed all other IRs." Thanks for making that clear multiple times even before the competition. Cab Pack 13 for you bro... trust me.

N.C.rec - "Versadiddly" is what ML Sound Lab stands for. You were able to produce one of the most brootal and one of the trippiest entries in this contest. And not only that they also sound extremely professional.

Drop the sun - Best melodies. This reminds me a lot of myself 10 years ago. I wish that kid had these tones available to him. Meshuggah, Tool, Pantera, Pain Of Salvation...

Darko Dimovski - Do I really need to explain myself? My face melted.

D20 - Djuper Mario!! Your clip really put a smile on my face. Actually I remember being a fan of your productions back in the Ultra days. Keep it up bro!

Ari-Pekka Repo - This gets the "most Finnish" award! Haha.. well actually it's one of the best mixes of the whole competition. Nice job AP!

Popemobile Studios - WTF is this? I have no idea but I couldn't stop listening to it and my face kept bending in awkward expressions. :lol

Winners please contact me via FAS Forum PM or the ML Sound Lab Facebook page.

There are no losers here! You all deserve a round of applause and on behalf of ML Sound Lab thank you for being a part of this contest and good night! :)

Popemobile Studios - WTF is this? I have no idea but I couldn't stop listening to it and my face kept bending in awkward expressions. :lol

Wow! Thanks! This comes at an excellent time in the recording process, so I'm excited to put them into these mixes!

Yeah, my stuff is a little hard to categorize. It's the heavy rhythmic riffing of Meshuggah and Animals as Leaders, mixed with hip jazz harmony and a strong melodic sense, as well as with a classical music sense of orchestration and arrangement.

Here's a video from a live shoot we did earlier in the year (there are two more videos online from this shoot, including the "Euclid" song I posted for the contest):

Back
Top Bottom