Win an ML Sound Lab Cab Pack!

Here's a new song I'm working on as part of what will hopefully be a new project sometime soon.
This is my first upload here after having an XL+ for a few months.
It's an early demo, so it's not finished but it's at a point where I'm pretty happy with it.

This is the Brit Pre with the SM57-MD421 02 IR from Cab Pack 13.
I haven't got a bass at the moment, so I used a preset I found online and modified a bit to simulate the bass with an octave down.

I love this.

One more track, no metal this time. It may be quite unusual for our forum :)
For guitar I used Factory cab F058 + Brit 800head
I was waiting until we put female vocals in here, but it looks like it'll happen only after this competition ends (my vocalist is on vacation:) ), but I need that ML cab pack so decided to post instrumental again he-he :)

P.S. if you don't wanna listen to the whole track :))) guitar parts are at 00:55 and 3:30,

Here's a new song I'm working on as part of what will hopefully be a new project sometime soon.
This is my first upload here after having an XL+ for a few months.
It's an early demo, so it's not finished but it's at a point where I'm pretty happy with it.

This is the Brit Pre with the SM57-MD421 02 IR from Cab Pack 13.
I haven't got a bass at the moment, so I used a preset I found online and modified a bit to simulate the bass with an octave down.

What an awesome rhythm tone you got there! That specific IR is in my #1 user cab slot as well. I have to admit I use that or SM57-R121 03 for most of the metal clips I've done. Very impressive.. I'll post this in the official ML Sound Lab Facebook page.

What an awesome rhythm tone you got there! That specific IR is in my #1 user cab slot as well. I have to admit I use that or SM57-R121 03 for most of the metal clips I've done. Very impressive.. I'll post this in the official ML Sound Lab Facebook page.

Cheers Mikko.
I use the SM57-R121 03 a fair bit too.
I started with those two IRs when I bought the cab pack after you recommended them and still love them.
I'm branching out into some of the other alloys in the pack lately to see what I can put together, they are all very useable.

I tried to upload another track which is heavy fuzz rock but I kept getting an error on soundcloud at the end of the upload. Might try again.

Also, can I just say that there are some excellent clips being put up.
Well done everyone, really enjoying hearing what everyone is doing.

Ok, the other track loaded properly this time.

Same deal as the other song, it's an early demo and I need to do the bass for real.
Once again it's the cab pack 13 SM57-MD421 02.
This time I used a Brit Pre with a Fryette tone stack, left panned track has a Bender Fuzz in front and the right side has a Face Fuzz in front along with some other goodies.

This one is a bit hairy.

Ok, the other track loaded properly this time.

Same deal as the other song, it's an early demo and I need to do the bass for real.
Once again it's the cab pack 13 SM57-MD421 02.
This time I used a Brit Pre with a Fryette tone stack, left panned track has a Bender Fuzz in front and the right side has a Face Fuzz in front along with some other goodies.

This one is a bit hairy.

I hope you take this the good way but your tracks sound like the better part of Nickelback's music! I really like how your guitar tracks sound like they're a million dollar studio guitar sound. :D Sure the IRs are a part of that but that requires some tweak knowledge as well. Good job man! ;)

Ive been a part of several recording/music type forums over the years. I have to say as a guitar player, this one can be a bit humbling. This is a good thing of course. There is loads of amazing talent. It gives me something to shoot for. I suppose it speaks to the Axefx quality as well, as it clearly attracts some of the upper level of guitar talent.

There are some really outstanding tones on display here

I hope you take this the good way but your tracks sound like the better part of Nickelback's music! I really like how your guitar tracks sound like they're a million dollar studio guitar sound. :D Sure the IRs are a part of that but that requires some tweak knowledge as well. Good job man! ;)

Hah, I like this post, most people just bash Nickelback without even having listened to it, but there really is some good stuff in it too :p

Ive been a part of several recording/music type forums over the years. I have to say as a guitar player, this one can be a bit humbling. This is a good thing of course. There is loads of amazing talent. It gives me something to shoot for. I suppose it speaks to the Axefx quality as well, as it clearly attracts some of the upper level of guitar talent.

As is yours. :)

Ha! Thanks mate.
As long as it's the good part I won't be offended lol.

Can't say I'm a fan of theirs, but I have to admit their tones and production values are really good, some of their riff and structures are good too. So I'll take it as a compliment.
I just can't listen to Chad the Paddle Pop Lion, doesn't appeal to me.

Last edited:

I feel the same.

Back
Top Bottom