Will There Be Demo Video's B4 FC's Release?

So here is my last video of the day. This is my first custom layout, and I can see changes coming already lol.

A few things.........
1. I made my tuner ring white but there is no color when I engaged the tuner, not sure why
2. I made my preset up/down rings red, but as you will see, the red didn't fire every time. Hopefully Cliff will chime in on why that is happening in both instances.
3. My Solo 1/2 button rings come on for the 1st toggle and off for the 2nd toggle, hmmmm
4. I learned that if I go from rhythm to solo 1, back to rhythm, that when I wish to go to solo 2 I have to hit the button 2x. I was under the assumption that since it was already on solo 1, that the next time I come back to it I would only have to hit it once for solo 2. So I will be rethinking a wee lil bit on this! And let's be honest here. Layouts are organic in nature and will most likely always be in a state of change. Or maybe I am just anal retentive.......:(

Anyways, Enjoy!

PS. feel free to ask me my secret on how I got the mini displays to show up on the video!

PS 2. My apologies, I am not the best video maker. The audio isn't great all the way thru:(

you can use the Scene names, no need to always type a custom label if it's going to be the same as the Scene name anyway.

especially for the Toggle Scene, if you use the Scene name, you can set it to display the "destination" for the next time you press that switch. this helps you know where you're going in addition to the LED on/color.

your Switch 3 is set to toggle between 3 and 4. the first press of that switch will always be the first Scene set, in this case Scene 3. it isn't "incremental" otherwise how would you go from Scene 1 to Scene 3? you'd have to guess or remember the last Scene that Toggle switch brought up.

so pressing your Switch 3 will always take you to Scene 3 first, unless you just pressed it, are on Scene 3 because of that switch... then the next press is Scene 4, the toggle function as expected.

you can use the Scene names, no need to always type a custom label if it's going to be the same as the Scene name anyway.

especially for the Toggle Scene, if you use the Scene name, you can set it to display the "destination" for the next time you press that switch. this helps you know where you're going in addition to the LED on/color.

your Switch 3 is set to toggle between 3 and 4. the first press of that switch will always be the first Scene set, in this case Scene 3. it isn't "incremental" otherwise how would you go from Scene 1 to Scene 3? you'd have to guess or remember the last Scene that Toggle switch brought up.

so pressing your Switch 3 will always take you to Scene 3 first, unless you just pressed it, are on Scene 3 because of that switch... then the next press is Scene 4, the toggle function as expected.

Thanks Chris, that makes sense. It’s my first day learning and I’ll never be as good as you! You are the king of Axe tutorials!

Ya, that is not how how I got my last video to display them perfectly tho. There is only one way to get them to display in a video as clearly is I got in my latest vid. I’ll give ya a hint. It’s in the FC settings :)

How is the “readability” of the mini displays from a standing height, assuming the FC is in the floor and the eyes are the distance away of the typical 6 foot person?

I know I’ll be able to read the big LCD fine, but wonder if I’ll have to lean over closer to read the smaller ones.

I have normal vision for the most part by the way

Great info Michael! Thanks for the extra effort. And since no one else has asked, how did you make the LCD screens readable on video? :)

How is the “readability” of the mini displays from a standing height, assuming the FC is in the floor and the eyes are the distance away of the typical 6 foot person?

I know I’ll be able to read the big LCD fine, but wonder if I’ll have to lean over closer to read the smaller ones.

I have normal vision for the most part by th
e way

I don't have necessarily the best vision anymore, and am struggling to NOT use glasses when I play live. You can see the scribble tips plain as day. You won't be disappointed:D

Great info Michael! Thanks for the extra effort. And since no one else has asked, how did you make the LCD screens readable on video? :)

Setup > FC Controllers > Enter > page to Remote > scroll to FC Global Brightness and lower to 10% or less :cool:

I have normal vision for the most part by the way

I'm 53 and have to use "readers" when I work on a computer. I am 6'2 and have no problem reading the smaller LEDs without glasses.

Very cool it’s still useable info on the smaller screens.

I was thinking it would be a little annoying having such a cool feature but needing to go back to my old MFC method of glow in the dark tape and black sharpie for labeling switches lol.

Congrats ! so kind of you too take time and do the videos for us that are in " pay-for MODE "
my right index finger feels like its going to lock-up and i mite have to get the refesh key on my keyboard replaced.

How are Banks accessed?

And then the preset(s) of that Bank?
The manual describes this.

Banks are just sequential groups of presets of Bank Size (a global parameter).

The FC preset functions have a few access methods - best to read the manual for those functions.

But have you read the manual?

Yes....

PRESET: SELECT IN BANK
Creates a footswitch that dynamically maps to a preset within a Bank (see p. 24). Using Select in Bank switches together with Bank Up and Bank Down mimics the way other Fractal Audio products provide access to hundreds of presets with minimal programming.

Reading things and seeing in action at times are 2 different things

but would like to see it accessed in performance.....

I’ve seen demos with the “Preset +1” and “Preset -1” or “Preset Up” and “Preset dwn” feature.

Seems to work fine for those who go the whole night with just 2 or 3 presets.

But for those with “Song per Preset” ....I’d like to see the “tap dancing process” ...if it can be called that ....on the FC-6

But for those with “Song per Preset” ....I’d like to see the “tap dancing process” ...if it can be called that ....on the FC-6
This would be entirely dependent on how their presets are laid out and what bank size is set.

If they are sequential, then it will be pretty simple. If not, it won't because they will need to bank up/down (maybe many times) to get to the next preset they need.

Back
Top Bottom