Will the axe fx ii fit in a "standard" backpack?

James_E

Hi. I will be picking up my axe 2 from my friends place in US this week. It shipped direct to her.

I have to take it on some flights and was hoping to keep it with me as carry on.

Will it fit in a "standard" backpack ("standard" meaning average size a high school student might use). Do any of you carry yours around in a back pack? If so... Which one?

I have a gator case I will put it in when get home... But it's kinda big and may not be allowed as carry on for one leg of my trip which is probably on a very small plane.

Thanks in advance.

I've got the 2RU Gator case for my Axe-FX... There shouldn't be any reason that it cannot be carry on luggage on most airlines. Small commuter aircraft may be an issue, but then the Gator case is tough enough to protect it if it has to go into the cargo hold.

I'd much rather a solid frame case protecting my Axe-FX rather than a soft backpack. Plus the Gator case has handles and a long strap so you can either carry it like a briefcase or over the shoulder, freeing up your hands for other things.

Just tell the checkout staff it's a briefcase and has to come aboard with you... ;)

The gator 2U rack bag is good- probably the minimum necessary protection.

I decided instead to go for the Gator G-Tour 2U rack case- wooden sides, metal rails, butterfly buckles, etc......this case when both sides are opened, fits the Axe2 PERFECTLY!!! There's about 1cm (maybe more) of room at the back- puts my worries at ease.

Someone here mentioned before about the Ultimate Support AMP-150 amp stand. I love this stand- not too high to make a catastrophic fall for my Axe2 and just the right angle for me to see the screen if I need to.

Well yeah, if I can guarantee that i can carry on the rack case on all my flights.. that's what I want to do. I'm worried they won't allow it on one leg that has a short flight, likely on a very small plane. I'd feel safer with the Axe in a backpack with me for this one hour flight, than gate checked in the gator case if I can avoid it. On the larger flights I'm on I'm pretty sure i can carry on the gator case.

My case is: http://www.gatorcases.com/p/29201-400/gr-2l

EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS
Exterior Length: 22.75 "
Exterior Width: 21.50 "
Exterior Height: 6.00 "

Edit: maybe not even on the large flights! Here is the information from the Air Canada website:

Carry on Maximum size:
23 cm x 40 cm x 55 cm
(9 in x 15.5 in x 21.5 in)
Wheels and handles included.

SKB makes a 2u soft bag thats deeper than the gator bag, has a wooden shell and cost me 120$ new. I highly reccomend it. It also has a normal handle as well as a shoulder strap. Has plenty of room for the axe fx to breathe too and is all around great

"Will the axe fx ii fit in a "standard" backpack?"

dunno.. it'll probably fit in a "II" backpack though....

erm... sorry guys... couldn't resist that.. lol..

"Will the axe fx ii fit in a "standard" backpack?"

dunno.. it'll probably fit in a "II" backpack though....

erm... sorry guys... couldn't resist that.. lol..

Ya know.. as I was writing the OP I was figuring someone would make that joke! :) Figured I'd test my theory. Thanks! ;)

I remembered using my deuter bagpack to collect an AxeFX ultra from a guy locally, width wise its able to fit in with some squeezing but IIRC ~10cm of it is sticking out of the bagpack. However do note that the AxeFX 2 is much bigger than the ultra so its defintely not recommended, you might be able to fit into those kinda big bagpacking bagpacks though.

Back
Top Bottom