Will not using Amp/Cab Blocks free up more CPU for an FX-only usage? Such as 4CM?

SinglecutGuy

Inspired
I have an Axe III MKii, and I'm considering purchasing an FM3 to use for FX only with my Friedman Runt 50 head. I was planning on using it with the 4CM. By doing so, I won't be using or needing the Amp or Cab blocks, so I'm wondering if that will free up more CPU usage, and if so, how significant of a drop that could make overall. I plan on experimenting with some very ambient delay and reverb scenarios, so I would presume that I'd need all the CPU that I can get, and didn't know if forgoing the Amp/Cab blocks will make a significant impact on this.

Has anyone used the FM3 in 4CM for this purpose, and still felt the squeeze on the CPU? Thanks in advance.

Now im a little bit confused. I thought That i ve read this on this forum. Now i cant find this in manual. Im using 4cm with mesa dc3 sometimes with preamps from fm3 but because i use not too complicated effects lines i never reach the limit cpu and dont care of it at all

As a 4CM user, I can say the answer is no.

There's a wish thread for some kind of setting or optimization for effects only use though, but honestly I think the design is not able to change anything.

Back
Top Bottom