Will Axe fx 2 run two ultra res cabs?

roodboy

Inspired
Sorry if this has been asked and answered.
I cant wrap my tiny brain around some of the practical implications of the differences between the b stock axefx2 and the new xl+.
I am considering getting a b stock axefx2 and want to run my favorite cabs in stereo like on the xl, CK alloy bright and fat.
Can the b stock axefx2 handle that?
My presets are pretty simplw wah drive amp stereo ultra res cabs and a delay.

The only difference between the XL & the II as far as cabs go is that the XL has a more user & factory cab slots. Processing power & capabilities are the same.

I'm not trying to be pedantic (I don't have to TRY, it comes naturally), but why do you keep specifying 'B-Stock'? That's just a cosmetic and/or open-box issue, it has nothing to do with processing or anything.

Not trying to bust your balls, it just stood out to me a bit.

I'm not trying to be pedantic (I don't have to TRY, it comes naturally), but why do you keep specifying 'B-Stock'? That's just a cosmetic and/or open-box issue, it has nothing to do with processing or anything.
The B-stock Axe-Fx II is an Axe-Fx II, at a certain price point. The XL is an XL, at a higher price point. The OP wants to know whether he can do what he wants to do without spending the extra coin.

I have a Mk2 (so AXFX2 Mk2)... I often run stereo Ultra Res cab block so, yes, you can.

I have taken it as far as running 2 Ultra Res IR's in a stereo cab block, 1 reverbs, a delay, a studio comp, a gate/expander (so two gates in total), an enhancer, 2 filters and and EQ BLOCK in a Wet-Dry-Wet rig...

CPU usage is under 80%. I have stuck a 2nd reverb in and it works but CPU goes to 96%. As said it works but the preset change time is S L O W

Back
Top Bottom