Wilkinson wvs1302p on a charvel pro mod gotoh 510?

Not likely, but check the screws going into the back of the saddles on your bridge. The Gotoh 510 intonation screws are typically centered, the Wilkinsons in the listing are offset.

those aren't the correct ones you want the centered screws which they seem to be out of, and yes they will fit. I had put them on my dk24 2pt when I had it.

those aren't the correct ones you want the centered screws which they seem to be out of, and yes they will fit. I had put them on my dk24 2pt when I had it.
Do you have a link to that item. I will try to buy when it's in stock. My guitar goes out of tune if I use the tremelo even once. I used to have a floyd rose guitar so this is really bothering me.

Odds are the nut is causing more binding than the saddles. Polish and lube the string slots and make sure they are correctly sized for the strings you're using. The string trees can add a lot of friction too, so polish and lube those as well. The D/G tree is often not even really needed. Also, make sure you're not using any wraps on the tuning posts. Pull the string straight through the post tightly with no slack before locking it down. The string can bind at the saddle too, but it's typically not the main culprit since the strings slide a lot more at the nut when using the trem bar. If you're doing dive bombs and such, locking saddles are the way to go for sure.

You want these:

https://reverb.com/item/24879182-wi...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=24879182

But they are often out of stock. You can contact Wilkinson thru Reverb, though.

I have them on both my USA and MIM DK-24 guitars and they definitely help.

If you have the MIM I really encourage you to replace the tuners with staggered locking tuners, and get rid of the string trees. That plus lubing the nut slots will help a lot.

You want these:

https://reverb.com/item/24879182-wi...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=24879182

But they are often out of stock. You can contact Wilkinson thru Reverb, though.

I have them on both my USA and MIM DK-24 guitars and they definitely help.

If you have the MIM I really encourage you to replace the tuners with staggered locking tuners, and get rid of the string trees. That plus lubing the nut slots will help a lot.
Thanks mate. Couldn't find this before. So one with "f" seems to be for fender. Hopefully they will be in stock soon.

I put one of these on my strat and it made a huge difference in tuning stability: https://www.guitarnutbuster.com. Check out some of the demo videos on YT. Kinda pricey, but was worth it to me.

I’ve so been wondering about that thing! Did it truly give you something like Floyd stability? I.e. can you be abusive with your synchronized six point or two point trem, bend traditionally, and still return to zero?

Because if it does work that well, you could use that with a Vega Trem on a standard Strat or equivalent and essentially recreate a Floyd.

I’ve so been wondering about that thing! Did it truly give you something like Floyd stability? I.e. can you be abusive with your synchronized six point or two point trem, bend traditionally, and still return to zero?

Because if it does work that well, you could use that with a Vega Trem on a standard Strat or equivalent and essentially recreate a Floyd.
I don't get crazy with the bar, but I have done some dives and gotten rough with it to understand its limits, and in my experience, it is similar to Floyd stability. I could gig that strat and do some old VH with a few dives no problem. I use that strat mostly for my Sunday gig, where I do a fair amount of vibrato on chords using the bar. Pre-Nutbuster, I would have to tune before each service, but now it stays pretty close all day without retuning. I can pick that guitar up without playing it for weeks and it will be in tune. I'm definitely a fan of the product.

I put one of these on my strat and it made a huge difference in tuning stability: https://www.guitarnutbuster.com. Check out some of the demo videos on YT. Kinda pricey, but was worth it to me.
This is a copy of something that was around in the early to mid 80s, looks horrible and only works if your bridge is perfect. IME if you fit the locking saddles and the nut is well cut you won't need this horrible thing anyway and it won't work if your bridge has issues anyway.

I have them on my Shur Modern guitar and they are very good - mine was well set up before but if you were doing big bends on the g string it would always go out but then go back in when the trem arm used. With the saddles no problems at all although I have found my string breakage has gone up.

I have them on my Shur Modern guitar and they are very good - mine was well set up before but if you were doing big bends on the g string it would always go out but then go back in when the trem arm used. With the saddles no problems at all although I have found my string breakage has gone up.
Don't crush the string. They shouldn't cause extra string breaking because the lock is only to stop the string moving in the saddle not like Floyd where it holds all the tension. Just snug it down to grip and the issues go away.

Don't crush the string. They shouldn't cause extra string breaking because the lock is only to stop the string moving in the saddle not like Floyd where it holds all the tension. Just snug it down to grip and the issues go away.
Yeah I started to do that - I even got them to send me out some new screws just to make sure there wasn't a rough edge

is it working for you now?
Touch wood it has been a lot better - it was only the d string that would break (I use nyxl).
My trem is set to flutter so I can pull back a little.
Other than the G string the tuning was good before the saddles. Rock solid now with the saddles.

Back
Top Bottom