Wiki Fact Check - Recto Presence Control

Hey guys and gals.

I was looking through the wiki to see if there was information about which exact rectifier model was used for the fas model, and I came across a little snippet that confused me:

"NOTE: Unlike the actual amp the Presence knob is effective in this model (in the actual amp the Presence knob has very little effect). When set to zero the Presence matches the actual amp at zero. When set to about 1.0 it matches the actual amp at full."

It's just that the model defaults to 5.0 on the presence end of things, and I'm curious if this information is up-to-date. Dialing by ear, about 0.70 sounds awesome to me, and also sounds more in step with the recordings of the amp I've heard. So I guess it's a bit of a moot point, but I'm still curious.

Hey guys and gals.

I was looking through the wiki to see if there was information about which exact rectifier model was used for the fas model, and I came across a little snippet that confused me:

"NOTE: Unlike the actual amp the Presence knob is effective in this model (in the actual amp the Presence knob has very little effect). When set to zero the Presence matches the actual amp at zero. When set to about 1.0 it matches the actual amp at full."

It's just that the model defaults to 5.0 on the presence end of things, and I'm curious if this information is up-to-date. Dialing by ear, about 0.70 sounds awesome to me, and also sounds more in step with the recordings of the amp I've heard. So I guess it's a bit of a moot point, but I'm still curious.

Not a big Recto guy, big I'd like to know as well.

Thank you Cliff. Maybe you have seen it, I'm a little mad about the lacking high end, and I was murmuring like 'have I lost more? with the older fw rectos I set the presence max to 2, and now I set it to 4-5 range...'. At least I stopped that for now :)

Managing the technical documentation for the Fractal product line is probably at least 1 - 1.5 FTEs worth of work for an experienced, competent, and productive technical communicator. (I make that statement based on 35+ years in tech and business publishing working in advanced technology and in healthcare.)

It might actually be more depending on the scope...but the work needs to start with a reference source of detailed, accurate information that could then be re-purposed for Web, help files for the software product, etc.

Dave

The quoted snippet in the OP actually is part of the firmware release notes v.14.
Firmware release notes apply to the firmware features at that specific point in time.

Back
Top Bottom