Why wait for the Fractal Midi Pedal???? Please explain....

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Besides a larger footprint and possibly slightly higher cost.....why not get a Liquid Foot Pro instead of waiting for the never emergence of the fabled unicorn?

What can't the Liquid do that the supposed Fractal pedal will?

Thanks and severely sarcastically yours Fractal midi pedal......

Nobody that's talking knows.

Smaller footprint, i.e. fits a rack drawer is a USP. Esp. combined with Fractal support, i.e. from the same manufacturer as the Axe-FX.

Of course you're free not to wait.

The thing i'm looking forward to most about the Fractal Controller dropping is you stopping these ridiculous posts antagonizing, bashing and criticizing the same dead horse over and over. I'd bet 200 of your 245 posts are in the foot controllers section. I'd also bet they all say relatively the exact same thing

It will be here when it gets here so either get a liquid foot or wait in silence will be my constructive criticism.

From what we've seen "feature wise" there may be little to no difference in what either of the two can and can't do... most folks are holding out for the M(utha)F(uckin)C(ontroller)-101 for a couple of reasons.

1. Brand Loyalty
2. Size (will fit in a 2U rack space drawer)
3. Price ($699) vs LFP ($899)
4. Modular Units... Cliff has mentioned that he was going to make "add-ons" for the MFC-101

The price was a guesstimate that was given here by Cliff several months (years maybe?) back...

Because the day after I buy a LF Pro, the MFC will become available and the day after that, used LFs will show up cheap on eBay in droves. Then I'd have to kick my own ass, which is really difficult actually.

Thanks for this thread. I've been wondering this very same thing since hearing about this controller. I gotta say, looking at the feature list provided by mortega76, I can't say I'm impressed. The name is sorta cool - haha - M(utha)F(uckin)C(ontroller)-101!!!

But wow!!! What the hell is up with the prices on some of these foot controllers out there. $699 for the MFC-101 and $899 for the Liquid Foot?!?!?! Those prices are insane! Come on, it's a damn foot controller. I don't believe either of these even have expression pedals do they?

My question is, what do either of these have over the FCB-1010, which runs $150. Are brand name and footprint size really worth the extra $550 - $750 more??? And as for smaller footprint size, that's only because they lack expression pedals, which is a huge negative if you use expression pedals like me - I use 4 of them!

Luckily for me, I have an amp/rack road case with my head on the bottom and 8 space rack above it. During travel there is enough room behind my head for my FCB-1010 to fit in there. Works really slick.

Anyways, I'd love to hear some opinions on why the MFC-101 or Liquid Foot are "features for price" better than say the FCB-1010.

mortega76 said:
From what we've seen "feature wise" there may be little to no difference in what either of the two can and can't do... most folks are holding out for the M(utha)F(uckin)C(ontroller)-101 for a couple of reasons.

1. Brand Loyalty
2. Size (will fit in a 2U rack space drawer)
3. Price ($699) vs LFP ($899)
4. Modular Units... Cliff has mentioned that he was going to make "add-ons" for the MFC-101

The price was a guesstimate that was given here by Cliff several months (years maybe?) back...

Brand loyalty, well said.
Dammit, when can we get some Fractal cables etc? :D

INCINERATE said:
Anyways, I'd love to hear some opinions on why the MFC-101 or Liquid Foot are "features for price" better than say the FCB-1010.

The FCB-1010 is unbeatable for the price, I have one too but it falls short in many ways. I still want something better. Could make a long list but for me the main things I want are:

1). More IA switches, and better spacing / feel / robustness.
2). Multi-colored switch LEDS so you can see if effect is on, off or even avail in the current patch.
3). Preset name and tuner show on the display.
4). No BEHRINGER logo on the front (haha)

I agree that the LF and the proposed MFC pricing is pretty crazy, but I think that's mainly due to small shops manufacturing small quantities by hand in the USA. The FCB-1010 is mass-produced overseas by robot slave labor. If Behringer built a feature-for-feature knockoff of the LF Pro it would sell for $200-$300. But they won't do it, too small a market.

I've actually considered getting a second FCB1010 and using both with a midi-merger (if the 'thru' doesn't work)! That would give me enough switches for a total outlay of $300. Problem is I don't need 4 expression pedals. Or another Behringer logo ;)

INCINERATE said:
My question is, what do either of these have over the FCB-1010, which runs $150. Are brand name and footprint size really worth the extra $550 - $750 more??? And as for smaller footprint size, that's only because they lack expression pedals, which is a huge negative if you use expression pedals like me - I use 4 of them!

I know build quality is an issue for many. If you play out a lot, I'm not sure I would trust the FCB (which I currently own) night after night. A couple other things that I remember that stand out for me for the Fractal will be the ability to see patch names and the tuner. Are these things worth the extra $$? To some it may be, to others it won't.

INCINERATE said:
Thanks for this thread. I've been wondering this very same thing since hearing about this controller. I gotta say, looking at the feature list provided by mortega76, I can't say I'm impressed. The name is sorta cool - haha - M(utha)F(uckin)C(ontroller)-101!!!

But wow!!! What the hell is up with the prices on some of these foot controllers out there. $699 for the MFC-101 and $899 for the Liquid Foot?!?!?! Those prices are insane! Come on, it's a damn foot controller. I don't believe either of these even have expression pedals do they?

Luckily for me, I have an amp/rack road case with my head on the bottom and 8 space rack above it. During travel there is enough room behind my head for my FCB-1010 to fit in there. Works really slick.

How do you connect the additional 2 expression pedals while using the FCB1010?

mortega76 said:
Ditto.

My setup is 2 expression pedals to do everything. I change the presets in one band manually, using the dial. (In my other band I use a Rocktron All Access to switch presets.)
I would love to know how to run two additional pedals. I guess I would need an FCB1010 though?

Robboman said:
Because the day after I buy a LF Pro, the MFC will become available...

Maybe you should take one for the team so everybody else could get their MFC-101s? :D I am sure there would more than a few incredibly happy people that would help offset your loss on the LF Pro re-sale.

steverosburg said:
mortega76 said:
Very easily, via the Pedal 1 and Pedal 2 inputs on the back of the Axe-Fx.
That's what I thought... I was hoping you were going to say you found a magic button that enabled the FCB1010 to take two additional expression pedals, so that we don't need two additional long ass cables.

steverosburg said:
Is there any way I can use 4 expression pedals without a pedalboard? How many exp pedal inputs will the MFC-101 have?

mortega76 said:
steverosburg said:
mortega76 said:
That's what I thought... I was hoping you were going to say you found a magic button that enabled the FCB1010 to take two additional expression pedals, so that we don't need two additional long ass cables.
Sorry, no magic button. You could do that (plus have tuner, patch names, and assortment of other stuff) with a Gordius LG-M, though.

No matter how you slice it, you're going to have to plunk down some major coin for ultimate programmability and flexibility, whether it be via LiquidFoot, Fractal, Gordius, etc.

Muris_Varajic said:

I have a pair of Fractal undies on order - they can be switched from boxer to briefs at the press of a button.

Mike

mikeyen said:
Muris_Varajic said:

I have a pair of Fractal undies on order - they can be switched from boxer to briefs at the press of a button.

Mike
Heheh those Fractal Undies help me get the *brown* sound for a bit of *jock* rock!!!

TimmyM

$461 for an add on to the FCB1010 seems a bit pricey, and I hate to say it but it's damn ugly (no offense if you're the one who's making them)... I'm still waiting for someone to create or update the UNO firmware with some more features... like in addition to having 5 stomps... we would have the option of 10 stomps and patch switching via the backup up and down... hacking the two inputs to allow for additional expression pedals... maybe some sort of tuner hack that will ingeniously use the display similar to how the POD tuner is, where it shows the note and a part of the LCD to show whether we're sharp or flat... or whatever else they can come up with!

Patiently waiting for UNO 2!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom