Why two FRFRs?

Doug

Inspired
This could be a monumentally stupid question, but I haven't seen it discussed elsewhere. I read through Jay's quick overview of FRFR's, and it seemed to imply that the number of FRFRs isn't of major importance. If I'm sitting in my living room hooked up to an Adam A7X, do I need another A7X? I know I wouldn't need one for volume, but I guess spacing the A7X's apart would give me a bit of a surround (or at least bi-directional) sound assuming I separated them by 6 or 8 feet. If I had them together side by side, there would be no appreciable benefit, correct?

I realize it's all personal preference, but I'm curious what others think.

If you're running in mono, one speaker is enough. If you're running in stereo and you only use one speaker, you don't get stereo. Just like when you're listening to your...stereo. ;) (sorry...I couldn't resist)

Rex said:
If you're running in mono, one speaker is enough. If you're running in stereo and you only use one speaker, you don't get stereo. Just like when you're listening to your...stereo. ;) (sorry...I couldn't resist)

Right, but it's not true stereo is it? You're getting the same signal sent to each FRFR, correct? You're just getting additional sound separation, depending on how far apart your monitors are.

You get the same signal to each speaker if you are set up to run in mono. If you are set up to run in stereo and use stereo effects then the L and R signals are different.

What LMO said.

Some examples of Axe-FX stereo: stereo chorus, ping-pong delays, a stereo cab panned left and right, and a bunch of other stuff.

Stereo Enhancer
Stereo Chorus
Stereo Flanger
Stereo Reverb
Ping Pong Delays
Two amps w/2 cabs panned hard L/R

The Possibilities are endless.

The Axe FX is essentially the best modeler available, with a studio quality stereo effects processor all in one unit.

Lots of people run mono. But there are lots of options.

Thanks for the input guys, it makes sense to me now. I'll be able to check it out for myself tomorrow when I'm A/B'ing the Adam A7X vs the Adam P11A.

Back
Top Bottom