Why not much love for the EVM12L speaker?

Chiguete

Experienced
With bands like Maiden and Priest in the first half of the 80s using those speakers and even Zakk and Bonamasa also having used them im surprised they aren't many IRs of those speakers? If the description of them is correct then they are a very important part when trying to recreate those tones.

I have a couple of Mesa Thiele 1x12 cabinets with those very speakers but, I'm ill equipped for shooting proper IRs of them.

Ayee EVM12L fans! I currently have one from an old Acoustic (brand) open back 1x12. It surprisingly does metal well for an open back cab, but ideally I want 2 in a 2x12 closed back (or at least convertible back).

With being a new Fractal owner, with a FM3 on route to myself, any advice on where to start for EVM12L IRs?

Ayee EVM12L fans! I currently have one from an old Acoustic (brand) open back 1x12. It surprisingly does metal well for an open back cab, but ideally I want 2 in a 2x12 closed back (or at least convertible back).

With being a new Fractal owner, with a FM3 on route to myself, any advice on where to start for EVM12L IRs?
Ownhammer has this cab pack featuring EVM12L speakers

https://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=188_164&products_id=385

i use the stock “rumble” 12 L irs, which week shot from Cliff‘s Dumble 4x12. at some point i purchased a fractal cab pack with all the mics broken out, but i don’t remember which one that was

I will be checking this out thank you! :)

i use the stock “rumble” 12 L irs, which week shot from Cliff‘s Dumble 4x12. at some point i purchased a fractal cab pack with all the mics broken out, but i don’t remember which one that was
I'll start with the stock "rumble" and go from there :)

Ohhh since I don't have the AXE3/FM3 (I still have the AX8 for now) I don't know that you have a fuller list of options now, specialle the 12L with the 57 mic. Well is good to know that Ownhammer also has a pack of IRs of them too.

So, nobody's going to mention the weight? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

It's a good speaker, but has a very specific sound. I used them for years in a mesa thiele 1x12 that I would use live for small gigs. Swapped out for an eminence legend Neo. Mostly the same tone, none of the weight.

As for the IR there's several out there. Even tone, smooth top end. I dig em for D-style tones as well as all the aforementioned stuff.

So, nobody's going to mention the weight? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

It's a good speaker, but has a very specific sound. I used them for years in a mesa thiele 1x12 that I would use live for small gigs. Swapped out for an eminence legend Neo. Mostly the same tone, none of the weight.

As for the IR there's several out there. Even tone, smooth top end. I dig em for D-style tones as well as all the aforementioned stuff.
Do the IRs weigh more?

With bands like Maiden and Priest in the first half of the 80s using those speakers and even Zakk and Bonamasa also having used them im surprised they aren't many IRs of those speakers? If the description of them is correct then they are a very important part when trying to recreate those tones.

Let's hear more about Maiden and Priest using EVM12L's.

I had two of them in my 1986 MESA Mark III.
Separate head with a 2x12 cab!!

That thing smoked!!! With the EL34s they ripped your head off!!

Used all 6L6 tubes to calm that beast!

Yes! More EVM12L irs !!! 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom