Why is 'Edit' light always on?

Hi folks

I updated to 5.07 software and adjusted all my patches and re-saved them. After saving each patch the edit light went out. However now whenever I select a patch the edit light is on. Anyone know why this should be? The patches all sound exactly as I saved them so it's not a big deal but just wonder why the light remains on?

Could be your foot controller is sending something like the current state of an expression pedal.

I have a Behringer FC1010 midi foot controller and I use one expression pedal for Wah with auto detect on and the other for master volume. Do you think that is what is bringing the edit light on? I think it only sends data when there is a change in position - not all the time.

I am using a Rocktron Midimate and an Mission expression pedal for my wah sounds, my edit light also lights up, but only when I am using the Mission pedal. As long as I am not using the pedal, nothing in the sound is altered, therefor no edit light lights up.

Behringer fc1010 for instance sends CC messages at patch load. I had to turn off the CC on every bank and every preset (sw6 & 7). I just ended up copying 1 preset to all of them and then went thru and changed the load preset number...
This can be useful however... I set my AxeFX2 to ignore duplicate patch change messages and set the cc1 and cc2 to to the same function with one sending a value 127 and the 2nd sending a value 0. So I load the preset with X Amp and 2nd press gives Y amp -or- 2nd press toggles on the tube Screamer.

I think I've seen this too. I save a patch and play. I make no changes to the preset and the light is on. It's annoying and haven't followed through with observation, but it seems to have happened here more than a few times. And my pedal is sending no CC data. I could be mistaken. But I've noticed this too.

what is the behavior of the AxeFx when the FCB is disconnected? Does the edit light come on when manually changing presets via the front panel wheel?

Last edited:
My LFP was doing that. Except mine was actually changing random parameters. I sent it in for repair. It's all good now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jimfist

you are absolutely right, - thanks. The edit light stays off when foot controller is disconnected so it is responding to cc's from the foot controller. I do the a similar thing as kruegmeister, using second cc to add distortion pedal like tube screamer. I guess it makes sense now.

Back
Top Bottom