Why does this preset sound like clean in parallel with distortion???

shotgunn

Fractal Fanatic
Hey guys. I made a dual chain preset for my piezo equipped guitars. I have already confirmed that I am not hearing clean piezo bleed while playing the distorted sounds. It seems more apparent when using any of the drives and the wah.

Here is the preset and the custom IR I made for the acoustic.

Let me know if you guys experience this. You can still try it even if you don't have a piezo guitar. I set the piezo cab block for Mute bypass and bypassed it. I still heard the clean coming through. What's the deal?

Attachments

• Piezo Clean(4).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Hourglass Sweep_dc.syx.syx.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 5
I had the same problem with a H-Graphtech Ghost equipped guitar.
The only solution was to use a true bypass system where the signal from the magnetic pickups doesn't go through the preamp.
It's very apparent with high gain amps and/or drives.

Try setting the piezo cab to mute fx in instead? I'll look at the preset in a few also to see if there's anything wonky in there. On my dual presets I don't need to mute anything - just turn the knob on the guitar to switch back and forth.

Just tried the preset. It's not the preset - it works fine with my setup. Fade knob on guitar dials it completely acoustic or completely pups. I was wrong on the bypass mode as well. Mute fx in isn't available on cab - didn't realize that without looking at it. The acoustic chain is completely muted when the cab is muted.

No. Last night I was obsessed with creating a Sad But True EQ matched IR. OMG!!! There is a little too much @ 10kHz, but I'm gonna fix that. Anyway. I will try to spend some time with this preset again. I have a feeling I'll be stuck jamming to Sad But True all night again.

No. Last night I was obsessed with creating a Sad But True EQ matched IR. OMG!!! There is a little too much @ 10kHz, but I'm gonna fix that. Anyway. I will try to spend some time with this preset again. I have a feeling I'll be stuck jamming to Sad But True all night again.

Lol! Check if your input is summed L+R. That might be the whole issue.

You don't mean the Amp and Drive block input settings, right? You mean the I/O tab? I've always had it set for stereo. I suppose something could have changed. I'll check that when I get home.

OK. I remember that now. So check your IO page for any summing at any point. Not sure how this works but if you're using the front input, then the rear (input 1) should be disabled. If you're using input 2 as the input, then you need the loop return in your preset as the input for the piezo chain. ... I think :?

Back
Top Bottom