Why Do I Have To Keep Calibrating My Expression Pedals?

Is this happening to you upon start up with your MFC?

If so, just click to a different preset, then switch back, and the expression pedals should work as normal without you having to fool with calibration.

(There may be a minor MFC bug and if so it will be fixed soon, but that is the super easy workaround).

Same here, but there was a difference between 9 and 10.

In 9, the expression pedal that I had plugged into EP1 when I powered up was all the way up. Then before I turned on the power amp I would rock the pedal leaving it all the way off. I

In 10, when I power up, it does nothing until I do what you suggest switching between presets.

So I am using the MFC-101, but it is acting differently depending on the AXE FX II Firmware.

Thanks Chris, that got me in the right direction. I had to set the MIDI Channel to OMNI and PROG Change to ON. btw, your videos have been a huge help for me when I was setting up the wah portion of the HD500 a while back. Everything works great so far. Now, time to practice!!

Yay!

In 10, when I power up, it does nothing until I do what you suggest switching between presets.

Yes, this is a confirmed bug and not the intended behavior. A new MFC firmware is being released very soon and you won't need to do this. You can move the pedal down to mute the volume like before and it will respond.

Has anyone had trouble with the calibration getting stuck on "Learning"? I'm itching to try out v10 but I can't the expression pedal to work. Using an HD500 for Midi control. Worked great with 9.02.

I have seen a couple of weird things happen with my HD500 as a controller. It seemed like at certain times when editing a patch on the Axe, something would cause the HD settings to reset themselves. It was inexplicable because I was only connected via HD500 Midi Out -> Axe Midi In, so no signal should be possible from the Axe to the HD. But, it happened about 10 times, so while I couldn't explain WHY it was happening, it was happening nonetheless.

I switched to a strategy where I stopped doing any custom midi settings on the HD, like changing CC#s from their defaults and everything has worked fine since. As the MFCs are coming into stock this month, I stopped trying to figure out what the problem is.

Yes, this is a confirmed bug and not the intended behavior. A new MFC firmware is being released very soon and you won't need to do this. You can move the pedal down to mute the volume like before and it will respond.

Mine does the same. I have to switch presets and then my pedals work

As the MFCs are coming into stock this month, I stopped trying to figure out what the problem is.
As well as the HD500 has served me so far, I can't wait to get the MFC and a set of expression pedals. The ease of setting up the board with just an ethernet cable is just plain awesome in itself. My placement on some stages don't allow me to hide the big ugly Line 6 power adaptor.

Back
Top Bottom