Why can't I use the front and rear input anymore?

Dimitri LeBel

Hi guys,

I play different instruments on most of my gigs and the Axe Fx 2 is very useful for that. Usually, I would have my guitar in the front input and my pedal steel in the rear input. In my pedal steel patch, I put an FxLoop block on the left end of the grid so the rear input would be used. Now, I have made the last updates and haven't been able to do this anymore. Has something changed in the input settings (or the fxloop)? I have tried what the Wiki says about inputs but, no luck so far.

Does anybody have an idea what the problem is? Some help would be greatly appreciated. I really need this feature back. Thanks!

Nothing has changed.

what is your input 2 select set at?

what kind of routing so you have after the the fx loop?

Do you see a signal on the input 2 level meter on the front of the Axe-fx II?

the FX Loop block is for Input/Output 2. it has no effect on Input 1 Front, Input 1 Rear Left or Input 1 Rear Right.

also, the Front input IS Input 1 Left. so if you happen to use the Front input and Input 1 Left on the rear, the only way to switch between those two is the Input Select option in the I/O menu - not the best way to do that.

one thing you could do is use the Front input, and Input 1 Right rear. this is what i've done for over 5 years with my dual output guitar. use a volume block at the beginning of your layout row to select between Left (guitar) and Right (steel) inputs. make sure your Input 1 is set to Stereo. just add the volume block and set it to Right whenever you want the steel in the preset - it seems like you don't use both of them at the same time, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

watch my video on 2 guitars 1 axe for more detail on this or hop into my chat if you wanna discuss it more.
Axe-FX II – Using 2 guitars at once | Katsu Kuri Media Blog
KKM Chat | Katsu Kuri Media Blog

the benefit of this method is you still have Input/Output 2 to use either for FX Loop type functions, or for the Echo/Copy function to send a duplicate output to Output 2 for FOH or monitor use.

if you want to use the FX Loop/Input 2 for your steel, simply plug your steel into Input 2 and put the FX Loop block first in your layout row to send its signal to the grid.

Back
Top Bottom