Why are there AX8s still selling on ebay at a premium?

smoib

It's been a while now that the AX8 is 'IN STOCK' on the Fractal store. Can anyone shed some light on why someone would pay more than $1399 plus shipping for a used machine?

It is absurd that people are still paying high dollar. But I think one of the reasons is that Fractal does not offer Paypal as a option at checkout on their website. Or people just don't realize they are more readily available now.

Last edited:
Just because someone pays more that the Fractal price, does not make them an idiot.
For example I paid more than retail price for a Timmy pedal and I got it right away, that is what I wanted.
And they may be joining this forum at some point.

Analogy isn't the same Scott, you paid more because you wanted it quicker it sounds like, right ?

If Paul C could of built/shipped your Timmy just as fast, and at a cheaper price, wouldn't you of gotten it from him direct ?

What would be the advantage is paying more just because someone bought up stock, hoarded it, then sold it at a premium just so they could profit ?

The very reason the AX8 had a wait at first is because opportunist were buying products things they didn't actually want, with the intention of just exploiting scarcity for a quick profit

It's capitalism I guess, but when supply catches up I'd rather see these people have to sell at a loss over retail, their plan backfiring essentially

They offer it, and if it is worth it to someone else, well... there you are! There are literally tens of thousands (probably millions) of musical items listed on Ebay, Reverb, CraigsList, etc for equal or more than the price they can be found for at vendors in the US, the AX8 among them. It's a free market; to each their own.

You cannot fix stupid. that's why. People obviously have taken the bait before, hence the auctions.

....or maybe that's the only way people can get them right now in certain parts of the world without waiting....and/or maybe money isn't an issue to certain folks?

I'm going with the whole Paypal option excuse. When I tried to buy it, my bank wouldn't clear the payment because the amount exceeded my spending limit. I got the AX8, EV-1, and expedited shipping and that came to over $1600. My bank is Wells Fargo. Had to put it on my wife's credit card since she has a high credit line. If they offered Paypal, I wouldn't have had to deal with the runaround I got from my bank, fighting with them about my money-I'll spend it how I want since Paypal is a direct account deduction (the spending limit is only applicable to debit cards). I work for a large retailer and I bought my UA Apollo through Zzounds at full price. Why? Because I wanted it then and there. Bought it with their payment plan and had it overnighted.

Sometimes, the added expense guarantees instant gratification. If you have issue with that, it isn't your money to begin with.

Reactions: ang
Sometimes, the added expense guarantees instant gratification. If you have issue with that, it isn't your money to begin with.
If you have an issue with spending extra money for instant gratification, it's still your money. ;)

For American market, maybe the question would make sense. Not advocating on favor of the eBay ones, but for other countries (like Latin America) where Fractal does not ship directly you can only buy online with an American address. This literally makes impossible to buy one unit through the FAS official website. eBay accepts PayPal and also users can send the unit to different countries. If FAS online shop would ship and sell to any country, I would definitely agree. For me, that's the reason that a sub-market is around.

The international factor makes sense. I'll admit I didn't consider those than cannot order direct. That sucks, now that I think about it. Not fair, but then again, life isn't fair. I live here and cannot afford to get one yet, lol. I will admit that, it is much easier to get a Kemper, but I would much prefer the axe and am waiting patiently. Good luck to all trying to aquire one. :)

Back
Top Bottom