Why are many of my block presets duplicated? (Solved PEBCAK)

Sounds like you might be using the 'Save as' option with the same block name. If so, the computer amends the name with a (1), or (2), etc.. to differentiate it from others with the same name. If you use the 'Save' option and the block name is the same name and type, it will overwrite the original.

Another cause would be another folder in the main Blocks folder that has the same effect(s). Search your main Blocks folder for any of the duplicated effects (Two Head Tape Sim) and it will reveal which other folder(s) have the same effect name.

Another cause would be another folder in the main Blocks folder that has the same effect(s). Search your main Blocks folder for any of the duplicated effects (Two Head Tape Sim) and it will reveal which other folder(s) have the same effect name.
This does not exist.

Are the (1) versions actually any different? If so, rename them (and delete the older versions if not needed?). If they are identical, delete the copies.

Are the (1) versions actually any different? If so, rename them (and delete the older versions if not needed?). If they are identical, delete the copies.
They’re identical but only seem to exist in axe edit. They’re not in the folder. There looks like no way to delete from the block library window.

They’re identical but only seem to exist in axe edit. They’re not in the folder.
And you told the Edit to refresh the block library?
There looks like no way to delete from the block library window.
Yes, two ways. You can have Edit show you the folder, and manually delete them if they exist on the drive, or you can assign one to a block then tell the Block Library to delete it while that is selected in the grid.

What screen is that in the first screenshot? That doesn't match all the delay blocks in your blocks library folder and doesn't look the same as when I pull up the library for a given block.

What screen is that in the first screenshot? That doesn't match all the delay blocks in your blocks library folder and doesn't look the same as when I pull up the library for a given block.
That’s the block library screen when I go to select something from that drop down

I’m about to remove exe edit and redownload it and see what happens. Is there some kind of preferences folder I can delete too or will that go with remove programs?

Yeah I see that now. I was on a block with only a few entries in the library so it was showing the little pop out list and not the full one in the first screenshot.

Try moving all of the files and folders in the blocks folder to a temporary location and then refreshing the block library to clear it out completely. Then put the files and folders back and refresh again.
I did one better. I deleted all the files in there to see if the (1) files remained. Relaunched axe edit and the block library was empty. After I replaced them out of the trash, they appeared again in duplicate 😂

Back
Top Bottom