Why are many of my block presets duplicated? (Solved PEBCAK)

There's got to be duplicate copies of those files somewhere in the blocks folder. The .blk files don't have to be in any specific subfolder to show up in each block's list. It will find them anywhere in the blocks folder tree. If there's a matching block name (not the filename) it labels it with the added (1), (2), etc. at the end.

There's got to be duplicate copies of those files somewhere in the blocks folder. The .blk files don't have to be in any specific subfolder to show up in each block's list. It will find them anywhere in the blocks folder tree. If there's a matching block name (not the filename) it labels it with the added (1), (2), etc. at the end.
I understand. I deleted one set of them and they all disappeared both original and dupes. When I put them back, they showed up again in duplicate. I really don’t think there’s a dupe folder here. I’ll check for a hidden folder but why are the original and the dupes tied to a single file folder then? In theory when I deleted the obvious set of files, I should have still been left with one set.

They're not tied to a specific folder. As long as the .blk files are anywhere under the blocks folder, it will find them and add them to the correct block's list. It uses the metadata in the .blk file, not the filename or it's location in those subfolders. You can create whatever subfolders you want in that blocks folder.

Do a broad search on your computer for "2290 Chorus Sim", not just the blocks folder. This will show you where any files with this name are located on your PC. The search results will include the location of the '2290 Chorus Sim(1)' file.

Do a broad search on your computer for "2290 Chorus Sim", not just the blocks folder. This will show you where any files with this name are located on your PC. The search results will include the location of the '2290 Chorus Sim(1)' file.
The block name and the filename are not linked. You can rename the file whatever you want and it won't change the block name in the library. The name is stored in the .blk file data along with the type of block it's for, whether it's one channel or the whole block, etc.

The library will only recognize files that are located inside the folder specified in the Axe Edit settings.
In OP's case it's:
1671325640136.png

The duplicate files will be under that folder somewhere.

The block name and the filename are not linked. You can rename the file whatever you want and it won't change the block name in the library. The name is stored in the .blk file data along with the type of block it's for, whether it's one channel or the whole block, etc.

The library will only recognize files that are located inside the folder specified in the Axe Edit settings.
In OP's case it's:
View attachment 112840

The duplicate files will be under that folder somewhere.
Yes, all blocks are saved in the Axe Edit III Blocks folder. I'm attempting to remove any confusion as to which "blocks" folder is being searched.

As far as saving a .blk file with an existing name, this is not possible in Axe Edit. A warning will pop up letting you know there is already a block in the library with that name and require you to either confirm the overwrite or cancel in order to rename it.

True you can't save one with the same name in Axe Edit, but if you manually copy block files into the library (like Simeon's blocks in OP's library) it will add the duplicate block with the (1), (2), etc. appended to the block name.

Back
Top Bottom