Who likes guitars?? See 1 Mil worth in 10 minutes

On one hand, the video is fascinating. On the other hand, I've become convinced that the only solid-body guitar that makes sense (at least to a person of my means) a Warmoth parts guitar (or perhaps a Kiesel, like a Vader, for neck-thru). I'm in the process of building a Warmoth copy of an Explorer (scalloped neck, Sperzel tuners, EMG pickups, etc.), and after drilling on the wood, somehow there is no magic left... it's just a combination of parts, optimized for a particular purpose. I can see something for somebody wanting a piece of art, like a Ritter, but it's not really about the music any more, but the look (and that's fine with me, of course).

People have done double-blind tests on Stradivarius violins, and they are not better than other top violins, so these old guitars, do they have any hope of really being special, except perhaps in the heart of collectors? My guess is, "no."
I feel the way you do - I loved the trip and the history - but I love my lesser guitars as long as they play I'm good :D

This whole notion in the guitar world that everything vintage is somehow better than what's made today in a load of bologna in my opinion. I'm sick of hearing about this voodoo nonsense that gets perpetuated throughout the industry, most likely by collectors who want to artificially increase the price of "wire and wood" or artists who want to let you think that there is no way that you could get the sound that they have as they have a very old guitar that is the only one that has that sound. I cry BS on the whole thing.

Yeah - I do find it fascinating to watch and I do enjoy the history aspect - but I haven't found the vintage guitar that has the " magic". Maybe I don't know what the hell I'm doing or I'm not "savvy" enough.

This whole notion in the guitar world that everything vintage is somehow better than what's made today in a load of bologna in my opinion. I'm sick of hearing about this voodoo nonsense that gets perpetuated throughout the industry, most likely by collectors who want to artificially increase the price of "wire and wood" or artists who want to let you think that there is no way that you could get the sound that they have as they have a very old guitar that is the only one that has that sound. I cry BS on the whole thing.
While I DO agree with you and the sentiment overall, guitars at those prices are collector items and historical artifacts more than instruments to be played.

Back
Top Bottom