Who is using the LFO's? What are you using it for?

use it to wobble the pitch of the detune, fixed shifter, synth voices etc for richness (set to sin)
use it to pan stuff around (like delay repeats, pitch voices etc) (set to sin)
use it to change the motor speed in the tape delay (set to a square wave)
use it to create a sample and hold filter (set to random)
tie the depth of the lfo to a continuous controller, envelope or another internal controller for interesting effects

i'll add more as i think of them
Sounds like there are a toon of stuff you can do with the LFO. Have you got some presets on the Exchange that you can link?

one nice trick is to modulate the depth of an lfo with another controller

maybe watch this...you might get some ideas...

Wow that is a really great video. Super smart to start the Sequencer with the envelope. That really make sense but I never thought about that. Everybody need to see this video. I had to share it to the Axe Fx groups on Facebook. So I can stop making the Axe Fx Tips And Tricks videos now. It is all in that video...

Last edited:
Sounds like there are a toon of stuff you can do with the LFO. Have you got some presets on the Exchange that you can link?

yes, there is a ton of stuff you can do.

if you want to see what presets of mine are on the axechange, then just search for my name on there

i just deleted a long paragraph i had written, because i changed my mind about posting it. all i would say is...if you use anything in your tips and tricks videos that you get from someone else's patch, then please give credit.

yes, there is a ton of stuff you can do.

if you want to see what presets of mine are on the axechange, then just search for my name on there

i just deleted a long paragraph i had written, because i changed my mind about posting it. all i would say is...if you use anything in your tips and tricks videos that you get from someone else's patch, then please give credit.
I see what you mean by give credit. But so far it has been things that I have found out myself. Or from reading the manual. But of course if I make a video about something that I found out from somebody else then I will give credits to that person. So far it has been more of an overall look on how to use things so I can't really say that I got that from somebody specific...

thanks to both of you guys! Tips and tricks is a great way to learn or even remember things that I had forgotten. Simeon too for adding all the great presets and video. hopefully you guys both get kudos a lot because you deserve it. I know I for one REALLY appreciate you both.

thanks to both of you guys! Tips and tricks is a great way to learn or even remember things that I had forgotten. Simeon too for adding all the great presets and video. hopefully you guys both get kudos a lot because you deserve it. I know I for one REALLY appreciate you both.
Thank you very much very nice to hear. I shared Simeons video today on Facebook because I really liked it. I sawed it to my watch later list on youtube so I can watch it again...

A Random LFO (8+ hz) with moderate Damping on MOTOR SPEED nets the best broken tape delay anywhere. LFO DEPTH is your mod depth.

thanks. wish i hadn't had a steaming cold when i recorded it
I don't think anybody think of that watching the video. They are just sitting there with their mouth open wondering how you came up with all those patches. It's a bit fun to see that you where on this forum 5.5 years before me. I should have bought the Axe Fx many years ago...

Simeon is the resident FX master indeed! Definitely a source of inspiration for all of us who love enlightening and creative applications of the amazing possibilities the Axe Fx and its grid/controller system provides.

It really feels like a limitless little box of wonder sometimes. :D

here's a very quick attempt. you'll have to tweak it as you like

you'll need to attach an external controller to the "hold" parameter in the delay block. it can be a button or a pedal, doesn't matter which.

tweak the sequencer pattern to match the echolution pattern and tweak the first filter to get the range of sweep that you'd like and the amount of resonance

i tied the sequencer to the global tempo, but i forgot to do the delay as well. you might want to sync it...or not...maybe triplets? i'm not sure. anyway have a play around, dude.

Attachments

• Echolution Delay.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 7
sorry i didn't have more time to fool with it, but you'll nail it, i'm sure.

btw, if you want to spice it up a bit, make the side chain four blocks long and add a dual delay in after the second filter. set one to 1/4 and the other to 1/8dot. works best in stereo and with a little mod on the delays :)

Last edited:
sorry i didn't have more time to fool with it, but you'll nail it, i'm sure.

btw, if you want to spice it up a bit, make the side chain four blocks long and add a dual delay in after the second filter. set one to 1/4 and the other to 1/8dot. works best in stereo and with a little mod on the delays :)
Wow this is so simple for you. Even if I read what you wrote a dussin times I'm still thinking what did he mean? You need to make some more videos. So I can see what you do...

here's a very quick attempt. you'll have to tweak it as you like

you'll need to attach an external controller to the "hold" parameter in the delay block. it can be a button or a pedal, doesn't matter which.

tweak the sequencer pattern to match the echolution pattern and tweak the first filter to get the range of sweep that you'd like and the amount of resonance

i tied the sequencer to the global tempo, but i forgot to do the delay as well. you might want to sync it...or not...maybe triplets? i'm not sure. anyway have a play around, dude.
That is really cool. Thank you very much I just tried the preset and it works great. I moved around it a little bit and added a volume block to be able to control the filter signal a bit more. This will be very good. Now I don't have to dream about the Echolution pedal any more. Thanks...

Wow this is so simple for you. Even if I read what you wrote a dussin times I'm still thinking what did he mean? You need to make some more videos. So I can see what you do...

sorry, i'll add more detail...

the sidechain, which is the bit in the patch that runs parallel to the main line, currently has three blocks in it. a delay and two filters. i was proposing that you make that sidechain four blocks long, by adding a delay block after the second filter. select the dual delay type and set one delay line to 1/4 and the other to 1/8 dot using the "tempo" dropdowns. everything else can stay at default. all this does is add some stereo "bounce" to the sequenced filter.
another thing you can try, if you're in stereo, is tie the sequencer to the balance parameter in the first filter block.

Sorry for not trying the preset before I wrote the other reply. I realised what you mean when I looked at the layout. It's really good. I added the dual delay and it added some more ambient fell to it. cool feature with the Sequencer tied to the balance. I use a 2x12 and i run that in stereo so I guess you need to hear it with headphones to hear the full potential. But all of you suggestions is really cool...

Back
Top Bottom