Who here got rid of ALL of their pedals for Axe-Fx?

The only things I have left are a Dunlop 95Q and a H&K Tubemeister 18... everything else was sold in favor of the Axe!

I never had any pedals to speak of, or not for a long time. I had/have some rack effects: A couple of SPX90s, Lexicon MPX500, Roland SDE-1000 delay and a pedal that went with my Boogie Quad. At the end I added an booster. This is how it was for years. I used to use a Mitigator midi foot controller until I realized I didn't need it. So the evolution to Axe Fx II, 3-4 expression pedals and a LF+12+ is brand new territory for me.

I actually kept all my pedals. Even most of the ones I can't fit on my pedal board. However, the pedal board is just sitting there. Haven't been in use for a long time.

Sold all of my pedals, Fulltone clyde wah, eventide pedals, t rex, tc electronic to name a few. Haven't missed any of em.

I could never sell my Timeline or BlueSky; they're in the Axe-Fx II's FX loop.

I use a lot of other effects in front of the Axe, it's nice to mix it up. On high gain patches, my Keeley phaser sounds so sweet, but I don't know about buying more ...

Just when you think you're out ... they suck you back in ... strymon » Mobius – Coming Soon

How can u say in one breath MFC, LFP and....behringer??? :)
A tip, dont touch the FCB midi board, its a piece of plastic crap and breaks easly, from expirience.

I know, it was hard enough putting those words together. But I still think the mfc is extremely overpriced. So maybe since Im a caring light-footed pedal user, the... Fcb ... Uughh might be a good choice. Now that hurts!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

I have only three left and they have been relegated to the back of the top-shelf of the studio closet. The rest that filled a case are gone. Those three will go eventually as they've not been off the shelf in quite some time ....

I sold most of mine to finance the Axe FXII ...
two mxr carbon copy's, mxr 10-band EQ, dunlop 535Q multi wah, EHX Echo #1, Korg pitchblack, mxr phase90, pedal power2 plus, pedal power iso5

all are gone and none shall return!

with a little luck next weekend the 6505+ will be sold aswell

I sold all but I do miss some of them. My barber direct drive, we still don't have a good marshal based drive pedal in the axe. Also the eventide delay, I haven't been able to replicate the mod delay setting on the axe. However most other fx I can get pretty close with the axe. Don't get me wrong the axe is a great unit and I have been using it since 08 from the ultra to the II.

I know, it was hard enough putting those words together. But I still think the mfc is extremely overpriced. So maybe since Im a caring light-footed pedal user, the... Fcb ... Uughh might be a good choice. Now that hurts!

A very good controler for low budget would be the VooDoo Lab GCP, i had it for 4-5 years, zero problems and works nicly with the ULTRA i had before the II.
new one is 400$ i think, all metal chasis, very solid.

I made the big leap and its totally worth it. Found the mfc used in mint condish. Easy to set up, and Im getting the scenes feature used to the max! Thank Jebus I didnt go the cheapo way!

I'm down to just my Axe II/MFC 101 my EV FRFR setup and a 4x12" cab with a ART SLA2 amp. I sold everything!!!! My G-System, EVH 5150III head, Mesa Boogie Dual Rect, Soldano SP-88, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Decimator G-String (This was hard to let go great pedal!), Dimebag Wah, Voodoo Lab Control Switch, and few other things. The painful thing was that I used all of this stuff together creating what I believed was the greatest tone on earth and then my friend told me about the Axe FX shortly after I bought my G-System. A couple of Youtube Videos and a couple months on the waiting list it became obvious to me that the AXE was the only thing I need. Cliff has made the best thing for a guy like me because when you get bored of you tone all you gotta do is switch amp in the amp block! I already have started my AXE FX III savings fund LOL!

Got rid of allmy pedals, then bought a Boomerang III looper, 'cause neither the Ultra nor the II looper functions were good enough. A pity - I'd MUCH prefer not to have the rang and do it all in the AXE II, but, frankly, the looper has been and, even with FW upgrades, continues to be on the primitive side. I also have a Lexicon PCM-70 in my rack that I can't give up because of ONE sound that I use in many, many patches, for guitar, viola and vocals. If someone could come close enough with the AXE, I'd gratefully get all that weight and delicacy out of my rack. I did post it up about 5 years ago - no takers. maybe I'll try again. I am not a good enough tweaker to do it myself. It's called 'Psycho Echoes', a standard PCM-70 preset, I believe it's something like a 10 tap multi-tap delay with what sounds like lots of flanging. LOVE that sound!

I'd also add that although I did get rid of my Big Muff PI, I've never been completely satisfied with Muff sounds on the AXE. Interestingly, my old Sansamp PSA-1 came VERY close to the classic 'violin-like' singing tone of the pi. Does this mean that gadolinium transistors are harder to model than tubes? :)

Oh crap, I forgot: stillhave my Dunlop volume/Wah on the floor, but I hope to get rid of it with my new Mission switching expression pedal - just haven't programmed it yet.

I played through 2 old deluxes and about $3000 worth of boutique pedals prior to AxFx ( many Different rigs before that( Marshall, mesa etc) , had it all in a rack controlled with GCX Ground Control system ! Sold it all! Don't miss it! Wouldn't go back!!

Back
Top Bottom