Who here got rid of ALL of their pedals for Axe-Fx?

Retired this (last picture before replacing the Disaster Fuzz with the Gemini III; and replacing the Bit 'O Honey/Beest with a Klon/Bee clone) for my II:

large-board-2.jpg

The only thing I still (currently) use with the II and my MFC is the PT Pro, the T1M 2IO, a T1M Mini Expression, the Turbo Tuner and the Gemini III (love that thing.)

The rest will be in the emporiums/auction block as soon as I dial in all my effects. Tone dialing is on pause until 6. ;-)

-Dave

Sold all of my pedals, except the Jamman Stereo Looper, thinking of selling that when its replaced by that firmware that should merrily be sweeping out momentarily in the fractaltime event horizon. Is the stereo looper coming out in 6?

Last edited:
I sold most of mine to get the Axe II. Don't regret it. Still need to sell my T-Rex Replica and Shannon Phaser to buy an MCF (let me know if you know of any perspective buyers).:shock I feel like the Axe has been able to replicate anything I had pretty well.

DSC01201.jpg

Last edited:
I sold all of mine but what is on my pedalboard and one amp (Matchless DC-30) everything else was sold or for sale but kept a backup just in case, I can say I havent touched them since getting the Axe.

The only things I am still holding onto is my Digitech XP300 Space Station, Rocktron Banshee and my Boss Hyper Fuzz. Although I've recreated some of the sounds on the Axe Fx Ultra I'll still keep it for recording etc. I got rid of Boss DD5, RV5 , TU2, DD20, Digitech Dan Donegan (sitar sim), MXR noise gate, Boss EQ and then some...

I got rid of a two-rock, a Shiva, a G-major 2, and about 12 pedals. I have no regrets at all. I've only had the axe for a few weeks now but I love it. My back loves me again too.

Me... The Gear Page Going, going, gone...

I never really was a pedal guy other than an OD or boost pedal, but always wanted to have at least one small board around. I'm keeping an Analogman KOT and a Teese RMC-3 for other projects.

No pedals for me. I just dial in patches and effects within what the AxFX can do and to suit what I do and what sounds good to me.

On the other hand, if you're the lucky owner of a Confabulator Mark II Overdrive Warp pedal 3rd revision (that was the best revision) with the flux capacitor mods, and you obsess over trying to match every nuance of it with the Axe-FX, it'll drive you nuts. :razz

Yep, ditched all the pedals. Sold my Bogner Shiva, too. With the Axe-FX, I get way more flexibility, fewer cables, less noise, and all the sounds I want. Like a lot of others have said, I never looked back.

Ditching all pedals, POD HD Pro, Hughes and Kettner Switchblade 50, etc... To my ears, nothing seems to beat the AXE 2 in terms of sound quality and the MFC101 will give me a smaller footprint. Seeing Larry Mitchell's rig, in terms of simplicity, compactness, and overall great sound has been part of the inspiration. I'm going to be a total noob when it comes to tweaking this thing, but in the end if I can get my 10 essential tones right, it will be heaven.

I sold my entire Bradshaw rig for the Axe-FX Ultra and was completely happy. Now that I have the Axe-FX II, I'm even happier! (so is my back!):D
Bradshaw rig.jpg

I've bought and sold so many pedals, it was crazy!.. also went thru the refrigerator size rack.. glad they'r all gone, thanks to Fractal!
Only bring a pedal to gigs, for tuning before going onstage etc, Turbo Tuner, and a couple pedals for backup(Tech 21 stuff).

i had minibar sized rack with t.c stuff, TriAxis and much more - all sold.
actualy 20 minutes ago ive sold the last piece - POD HD500.
now its me and the II + MFC and thats it!

I did like Walliman, I kept a nice stompbox, in case I dont take the AxeFx2 with me. It consists of the polytune mini, Boss ns2 noise supressor, keeley compressor, suhr riot distortion, flashback delay and hall of fame reverb. Instant gratification in case u get a decent clean amp. Selling my Digitech Whammy, Guyatone wr5, mxr carbon copy and boss rv2 reverb. Still keeping my pod xt live for midi control. And Im seriously complicated deciding between the mfc, the liquid foot or the behringer fcb (with eureka chip). The only thing is the mfc is TOO darn expensive!!!! I know its perfect for the job, but I still think it's overpriced.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

How can u say in one breath MFC, LFP and....behringer??? :)
A tip, dont touch the FCB midi board, its a piece of plastic crap and breaks easly, from expirience.

Back
Top Bottom