Who else is upgrading to Axe-FX III TURBO? :-)

Man, the mk1 is already so much overkill for what I need. I think unless you're out there doing some really elaborate stuff with some heavy effects, it'll get you by no problem.

The mk2 is a great option I'm sure, but I don't need a Lamborghini to go and grab some groceries.

I used to have a III Mark 1 - then 'downgraded' to a FM3 which I've been loving for the past 15 months or so.

Full Res intrigued me so the Turbo arrived last week - blown away, Full Res for home use is superb on most things and the amount of power is just mind-blowing - two multi-tap delays, normal delay, two reverbs at ultra quality, four IRs (two full res)? Plenty of power left.

Loving it!

What will be interesting is if they cripple the Axe IV initially to keep sales of the Turbo III up and its adopters happy for awhile.....

I used to have a III Mark 1 - then 'downgraded' to a FM3 which I've been loving for the past 15 months or so.

Full Res intrigued me so the Turbo arrived last week - blown away, Full Res for home use is superb on most things and the amount of power is just mind-blowing - two multi-tap delays, normal delay, two reverbs at ultra quality, four IRs (two full res)? Plenty of power left.

Loving it!
Yep. I did the same thing a few months ago and love the FM3 format for portability. HOWEVER---I missed my AxeFx III (Mark I) a lot. I always thought I would upgrade to the Mark II--but opted for the Mark II TURBO, just to get the most BANG out of my purchase. It arrives today and will be my focus for the next several nights and weekends!

\m/

What were u using during sabatical?
Went back to trad tube amps and pedals....
Cornford MK50, Mesa MK IV, Brunetti Mercury, Bogner Ecstacy 20th, CAA OD-50, Marshall 6101 (30th Ann) Victory V100, Synergy/Mesa 295, a 2x12, 3 different 4x12 + a Boss ES-8 and a bunch of pedals.

Sold the Synergy, Mesa MK IV, Brunetti, Bogner, Marshall and maybe the OD-50. Keeping the rest.
All above are great amps, but the Cornford and the Victory are my unicorns, so they will stay.
And i hope to use the AFX III with my Mesa 295, both as a rack amp and in w/d/w with my amps.

The Cornford was the reason i went tube again when i had the Axe II. Killer amp.
Was planning more pedals, amp switcher, UA OX etc, but it would have ended up on a lot more money than the Turbo.
So after some planning and thinking, i found that a new Fractal unit would be fun, and with all in/outs it will be very practical also. Amazing fx and modeling..

Then suddenly the Turbo option popped up, and on the list i went😁

Looking forward to incorporate the Axe into the rig and recording setup, including a Suhr reactive load for my amps.
Thinking of adding the Red Sound Elis 8 or MF10 later on..

The reason I don't feel compelled to upgrade is that, compared to close miked IR's, I really don't have a need to use a lot of CPU intensive effects with FullRes IR's. I don't have a problem creating presets using a Cab block (feat. a normal IR and two FullRes IR's) with several effects blocks (eg. Drive, Compressor, Chorus, Reverb, Delay) that use less than 80% CPU.

Went back to trad tube amps and pedals....
Cornford MK50, Mesa MK IV, Brunetti Mercury, Bogner Ecstacy 20th, CAA OD-50, Marshall 6101 (30th Ann) Victory V100, Synergy/Mesa 295, a 2x12, 3 different 4x12 + a Boss ES-8 and a bunch of pedals.

Sold the Synergy, Mesa MK IV, Brunetti, Bogner, Marshall and maybe the OD-50. Keeping the rest.
All above are great amps, but the Cornford and the Victory are my unicorns, so they will stay.
And i hope to use the AFX III with my Mesa 295, both as a rack amp and in w/d/w with my amps.

The Cornford was the reason i went tube again when i had the Axe II. Killer amp.
Was planning more pedals, amp switcher, UA OX etc, but it would have ended up on a lot more money than the Turbo.
So after some planning and thinking, i found that a new Fractal unit would be fun, and with all in/outs it will be very practical also. Amazing fx and modeling..

Then suddenly the Turbo option popped up, and on the list i went😁

Looking forward to incorporate the Axe into the rig and recording setup, including a Suhr reactive load for my amps.
Thinking of adding the Red Sound Elis 8 or MF10 later on..

How do you like the Cornford amp model on the Axe FX?

How do you like the Cornford amp model on the Axe FX?
I need to test it some more. I have been modifying the Plexi 50 and 100 presets, a CAE 3+ preset and
also setting this up for both monitors and Mesa 295 and two 4x12's. Sounds killer.

I'll come back on this.

I have a Mk 1 and don't get close to maxing out CPU, even will full res (only for headphone use). I do see people like elaborate set ups so i guess for those people it is worth it. I personally think that the AXE FX sounds best for my needs with a simple set up, that is the great thing, the AXE FX offers something for anyone. Just my 2 cents :)

Back
Top Bottom