Who else is upgrading to Axe-FX III TURBO? :-)

I said I wasn't going to upgrade to turbo!
... but I got a good offer on my mark I so of course I sold it.
Now waiting for g66 (EU) shipping the MK II turbo, was lucky to have one reserved.

As I have sold all my amps and only thing I have left is the pod x3 and just plugged it in.
Damn that piece of gear @$ sucks, I hope I get my turbo next week!

Last edited:
Just got my "turbo". Boots up with (2) 1.00ghz processors on the screen. Box has turbo sticker on it, all my order invoice and shipping also show turbo. Emailed sales. Anyone get an update on this issue from the earlier posts about it? 😔

Just got my "turbo". Boots up with (2) 1.00ghz processors on the screen. Box has turbo sticker on it, all my order invoice and shipping also show turbo. Emailed sales. Anyone get an update on this issue from the earlier posts about it? 😔
Sounds like a warehouse inventory tracking mishap. Hopefully it will work out as quickly and painlessly as possible. I wonder if anyone quietly received Turbo units by mistake....

My first Fractal was a II XL+, just before the III was announced. I’m sticking with my III MKI. The III sounds fantastic - almost every amp I could want and the coolest pedal boards ever. When Fractal’s next evolution is released, I’ll jump. This direction is right for me. Everyone has their own use-case. I play live. This is everything I could ever want. Only Fractal Audio can imagine what I’ll need in the future.

I would if I could get someone to replace it on my rack, the cables are in the back so hard to reach places that it's the only reason I haven't upgraded yet.

I thought the upgrade was only for mark II. Is this right?
No.
It's not an upgrade in the sense that your unit is physically upgraded with different hardware, for example like you can upgrade an HDD to a SSD on a computer.
It's an upgrade in the sense people are buying a new Turbo to "upgrade" their rig, same as someone says I'm "upgrading" my Axe II by buying the latest Axe III Turbo.

Ordered yesterday, and looking forward to the delivery (hopefully) sometime next week.

Funny story… we had been playing regularly, and I don’t often update my rig when gigs are coming so I don’t have to reset everything with the band, monitors, FOH, etc. The gigs started canceling one by one through 2020, with my rack in the trailer longer and longer. A few duet or trio outdoor gigs had me move the Axe Fx III MK I to a rack with a mixer for all-in-one hauling, but still not home to update. Over a year passes, and I finally decide to sell my stage rig and get an FM9 for simplicity. I bring it home and update everything for the sale, which is the first time I heard Cygnus, and a lot of other additions… and, damn, it sounds killer and the MK I is already sold and paid for! Ooooopppps…

So, long story short(er), I decide to order the III MK II, and in the week or so following, the Turbo is announced. Hmmm. Maybe it’s not so bad, after all, that I sold the awesome sounding MK I. After a few more weeks of flip-flopping on which unit best serves my post pandemic musical reality, I settle on keeping my Mastermind GT/22 and order the III-Turbo. When live gigging fully returns, this boy will be ready! In the mean time, I can finally rebuild my presets from scratch, as I’ve been meaning to do for a couple of years now. ;)

Update: Status changed to Shipped about right after I added this post. Go FAS!

Last edited:
^ Wow. The hype on these threads surrounding Cygnus would've prompted me to go get that bad boy out of the trailer, even if I had to move a bunch of subs myself to get to it!

Back
Top Bottom