Who can analyze this tone?

Try the Octave Divider in the Drive Block. Turn down treble.
Play around the 12th fret.

Sounds like an octafuzz into a good amp should do it (I don't need you need two drives). Chubb Up sounds plausible :) Neck pickup.

He uses Two-Rock amps live, so try tweaking some of the Dumble amp sims to get you in the ballpark and get a good base tone for layering on drive pedals.

You know, I'm not a John Mayer fan, but damn that guy has flawless technique and amazing tone. The tone @ 4:15 is ok, but that tone beforehand is insanely awesome. I reckon a lot of it comes from his phenomenal technique.

Sidivan said:
You know, I'm not a John Mayer fan, but damn that guy has flawless technique and amazing tone. The tone @ 4:15 is ok, but that tone beforehand is insanely awesome. I reckon a lot of it comes from his phenomenal technique.

I agree! I have a patch that works for that tone before 04:15

Joost Assink said:
I agree! I have a patch that works for that tone before 04:15

<jedi mind trick>and you want to share this patch with me.... </jedi mind trick>

Have you tried them in either order? Fuzz into octave. Octave into Fuzz. If that doesn't get you in the ballpark try them in parallel.

Are you using the same Amp sims? Have you tried tweaking the he'll outta the amp sim your using? Is it the overall tonality of the effect? It could be the way it is interacting with his amp.

Post your preset so I can try it out. What type of guitar and pickups are you using? If i have something similar enough I may be able to help tweak it.

Joost Assink said:
Yes but a fuzz and octave distortion in series in the axe fx doesn't get me there

Back
Top Bottom