White Lion Riff AxeFx Direct

I know you've probably posted before but what pickups do you use?

Great tone, great playing..your Youtube videos were one of the selling points of the Axe for me. Thank you.

Servile Insurrection said:
I know you've probably posted before but what pickups do you use?

They're Seymour Duncan Blackouts & the EMG SPC control ( for a little extra push ) !

They're awesome aren't they ?!? :twisted:

R.D. said:
[quote="Servile Insurrection":1i3ai3dg]I know you've probably posted before but what pickups do you use?

They're Seymour Duncan Blackouts & the EMG SPC control ( for a little extra push ) !

They're awesome aren't they ?!? :twisted:[/quote:1i3ai3dg]

Yes AHB-1's. I have a AHB-3 bridge on order to try it out :) Damn GAS. I am totally satisfied with the AHB-1's, but I'd hate to think there was something better...lol.

On this video I turned the SPC off and actually backed off the amp drive to under 5...which is weird for me :)

Mark

samhill said:
R.D. said:
[quote="Servile Insurrection":2993a8xq]I know you've probably posted before but what pickups do you use?

They're awesome aren't they ?!? :twisted:

Yes AHB-1's. I have a AHB-3 bridge on order to try it out :) Damn GAS. I am totally satisfied with the AHB-1's, but I'd hate to think there was something better...lol.

On this video I turned the SPC off and actually backed off the amp drive to under 5...which is weird for me :)

Mark[/quote:2993a8xq]

AHB-3's?? :shock: MORE gain madness! Looking forward to hearing THAT vid! :D

ahh as soon as i see you posted a vid, im on it. :)

great playing and tone [as per usual :)] and i agree with the other comments about you being superb PR for the axe-fx!!

id love to see you have a crack at a 90's rainbow. blackmore must be one of the hardest tones to emulate.
fantastic job on the VH by the way :D

Felix said:
Sounds Great!
Which IR did you use?

I was an idiot and didn't mark down what I put in what user slot. I know one (left side) is one of the Redwirez experimental scooped Recto IR's and the right side is a 4x12 V30 with a 57 or 421, but not sure which one.

This morning I had a very interesting request so I rebuilt the preset using the factory Cali 4x12" IR.
It is available from the AxeChange tab of the editor Bank J preset 1156. The video preset is 1155.

I have pulled the 60hz and 250hz down in the Global OUT 1 EQ (-6.6 and -5.8 respectively).

[attachment=2:27on6kxs]Mark Day White Lion Cali Cabs45.zip[/attachment:27on6kxs]

Video Preset with User IR's:

[attachment=1:27on6kxs]Mark Day White Lion Preset49.zip[/attachment:27on6kxs]

More Tweaking:

[attachment=0:27on6kxs]MarkDay WhtLion GermCali Cabs.syx.zip[/attachment:27on6kxs]

Attachments

• Mark Day White Lion Cali Cabs45.zip
    722 bytes · Views: 59
  • Mark Day White Lion Preset49.zip
    711 bytes · Views: 60
  • MarkDay WhtLion GermCali Cabs.syx.zip
    763 bytes · Views: 62
Thanks for sharing those mark.

You do use a lot gain, but I guess somebody already told you that :D

Q: why do you set MIXER in the middle? no controllers are attached AFAIK

Thanks!

I attach a midi cc on channel 2 of the mixer block and that is connected to my volume pedal. I should just use a vol/pan block.

I get rid of the controller for you guys so you can hear the preset when you upload it. :)

Mark

Re:

samhill said:
I attach a midi cc on channel 2 of the mixer block and that is connected to my volume pedal. I should just use a vol/pan block.

I get rid of the controller for you guys so you can hear the preset when you upload it. :)

Mark

You're too kind :cool:

Thanks again!

Thanks again Mark for another great patch.

I have spent countless hours tweaking guitar tones. Long ago I started with Line 6, and I often shied away from too much gain because the "Line 6 fizzle" would get more pronounced. I have enjoyed getting acquainted with ultra-gain patches again after jumping to the AxeFX. However, with all the possible amps and effects, and all the Redwirez cabs, it is way too easy for me to get 'unmoored' from reality and chase the sound into oblivion. Just wanted to say, Mark, that I use YOUR patches as my A/B test on how well my newest ultra-gain patch is shaping up. Thanks for posting everything you have and helping out the rest of us.

Back
Top Bottom