While we wait for Fractal new IRs... Here's something for ya IR junkies :)

Hey man, how did you find the process/results? When I tried this the resulting IRs didn't sound great, that was some time ago though so I guess something could have changed in the KPA since then. Either way it's a very cool project and I'm sure many will find some great cabs :)

Spence

Hey man, how did you find the process/results? When I tried this the resulting IRs didn't sound great, that was some time ago though so I guess something could have changed in the KPA since then. Either way it's a very cool project and I'm sure many will find some great cabs :)

Spence
I don't have bat ears and I'm not over analytic regarding these things. But when I A/B'ed them (a given KPA profile with it's cab on, then with it's cab off and with the IR captured from the Axe), for me it sounded the same. There may be subtle differences, the kind of subtle difference you fight to hear, and that you'll never hear live, or even when your guitar is mixed with the rest of the band in a recording.

Basically, first I captured the cabs from the profiles I liked, then I added some from rigs that wasn't in my "Favourite" folder, from each amp model of Amp Factory, Soundside.de etc, and some from Tills. I'm very obsessed when I do these kind of thinks, I started the process maybe at around 2 or 3 PM and worked almost non stop until midnight, went to bed, couldn't sleep because I was too nervous (the concentration needed for all this etc), then decided around 4 AM that I was wasting my time trying to sleep so went back in my computer room and started shooting some more until breakfast, then I slept (at least) a little, woke up for lunch, then said to myself it was time to start testing how this profiling thing work and shot some profiles of my Axe presets. LOL ! Yes, I'm crazy :p btw, about the profiling : Fremen's guitar blog: Some adventures in Kemperland

It took me time to find the better procedure to capture the IRs, I was capturing them in like ten user spots on the Axe II, so finally the best way to do it for me was to do ten captures (which already takes time, I have to find the perfect output level from the rig so the red light in the Axe 2 input will never light) one after the other, writing the name of the KPA cab captured in the Axe ( in IRs user spots 31-40 writing the IR name in the Axe takes too much time etc ) on notepad, then dump them to my computer with Midi-OX, shoot another ten etc. The method : open Midi-Ox, go to the Axe cab, select cab 31, open MIDI-OX syex view and scratchpad, click on sysex/receive manual dump two times (the first time it receives some bytes which would render the final IR useless), go to utility in the axe, press on dump cab to USB, back to MIDI-OX, click on display window, save as. Then select cab 32 and repeat. Multiply this by 100. Then check with Axe manage that file name and asset name are the same. Did I say I was crazy ? :p

As I said, I selected the cabs from rigs I liked. Next time, I'll try something else, specially with Till's cabs (as there wasn't many rigs using them which I like) : I'll plug my Axe (with cab off) straight in the KPA (with cab on) and will change the cabs to see which ones works with a given type of sound. I made 100+ IRs and the Axe have "only" 50 user spots but we never have enough, right ? ;)

When/where can we download the IRs? :D
Sorry, already dying waiting for them...... just because I know they will be great!

Keep up the good work Thibault - thank you so much!

Awesome thanks for the info. Looking atthe firmwarerelease notes a few things have changed in the cab section of the kemper since I tried.

Can't wait to have a play.

Spence

They sounded great ... thanks for sharing .. I still haven't really got my head around these IR things .. (have read about half of the owners manual so far)

Seems whenever I learn something new about this machine, there's another bonus around the corner :)

hmmm,alot of these cabs are kind of bassy. Anyone else ??
Some are sweet :) dont get me wrong

Back
Top Bottom