Which type of reverb would be stock?

hughj

Inspired
I'm not very familiar with types of reverb. Does anyone know which type of reverb would best emulate what would be stock in a Fender amp? Do different amps have different types of reverb?

The classic "Fender" reverb would be a spring reverb- so experiment with those if you're after total authenticity.

You'll probably see this advice in a few other places on this forum as well- going with established sounds that you know well, like a spring reverb, can help get you going, but try out the other models for reverb as well, and try to not dial in with your eyes- dial in with your ears instead. The AxeFx reverb models (and just about everything else) have the power to be much, much more flexible than a Fender reverb unit, and if you can start to ignore the numbers on the dials a little bit, and give a bit more priority to how you like the sound you're getting, and what changes you might want to make with it, you'll be a lot happier in the end. This took me a while to learn- I was always applying my TMB settings from Fenders (that I was familiar with from earlier experience) and using them for everything else, cause the number looked about right to me- and you can't do that with Mesas, for example.
Have fun!:encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom