Which midi controller should I get?

Nick.Galati21

Ok just forked out all my dosh to get and axe fx II, just awaiting delivery now... But unfortunately I won't be able to afford the mfc101... So what's the next best thing for a reasonable price, I've thought of the rocktron all access, or midi mate, or possibly voodoo lab ground control, unless there is another out there what are your thoughts?

Cheers guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best thing for a resonable price is FCB1010 with UNO-chip.
I use it with MIDI-mapping where each bank is one preset with 5 different scenes. Works great!!

I use the FCB-1010 with Eureka chip.

The controller I bought used in immaculate shape for $100 on Ebay and bought the Eureka chip new.

Best sub=$200 controller investment I ever made & it suits my needs.

FCB1010 is really a good piece of equipment. With an upgraded EPROM, you get more out of the controller. Each chip provides different functionality so if you go this route, be sure to get the right chip for your needs. I have the UNO chip.

joe...

If you only need preset up or down and nothing else (you can still put a pedal into the pedal port of the Axe), go with a MIDI mouse. Small, cheap, simple; but extremely effective!

Another for the FCB1010 and Uno chip. I mean if you aren't going to go all out with an MFC101 or something like a Liquid Foot Pro there really isn't anything that is going to be better and there are a lot that are just more expensive. I just don't see the point in investing $400 into something that is probably just a temporary solution. And unlike other Behringer gear the things are tanks. I've had mine for close to 12 years now, have hacked it up and done mods to it and it still works flawlessly.

I rather like my Yamaha MFC10 which is an excellent unit, (although it is a bit more expensive than the Behringer)

FCB1010 with Uno chip also.

It's cost effective, sturdy, and while may not be as versatile as the higher priced controllers, it fills all my needs very adequately.

unfortunately I won't be able to afford the mfc101... So what's the next best thing for a reasonable price

I think the best bang for the buck is the FCB1010. You should be able to pick one up on eBay for $75. I've paired mine with the UnO firmware chip (around $10 or so).

Back
Top Bottom