Which FRFR? Is it worth it?

I’ve only tried 2 FRFR options. The Headrush 112 and the Celestion F12. The F12 won that battle. I can’t afford to buy and try all the rest of these high dollar speakers. So yes the F12 is da best 😂
I've had limited options to try out and use as well. I went from headrush to the Friedman ASC 12's and then added the celestion F12 cabs. The difference in going to the Friedmans was big, it's different with F12's that sound great also. I am just now picking up on the nuances. It's hard to sound bad with a Fractal, tone-wise.

I have been running an active Matrix Q12 for more years than I can remember. I like it very much (also for keyboard and emergency bass amp)

I've gone back and forth between real amps and digital modeling. Currently using and learning the FM3 . I bought my Kemper that I had for about 7 years. I was originally using 2 Friedman ASM 12's with it but swapped to the Kemper Kab, which I liked much better. Sold the Kemper stuff since getting the FM 3 but am not impressed with it thru the Friedmans so I'm waiting on delivery of a Mission G12 . If I like that I sell the ASMs , if not, I return the G 12 ( 30 day return policy) and will continue to search .

and the beat goes on . . . the beat goes on.

I'm using a pair of Friedman ASM 12s with my FM3 and the Fender amps all sound like they have a blanket over them. Been thinking of ditching the ASMs and replace them with something different.
I am not sure what the issue is with the friedman's and fractal product. I have 2 asc 12's and they dont sount as good as they should but a buddy of mine has a helix and we hooked up the same asc 12's to it and they sounded massive. I don't understand it I still scratch my head on it.

Are you running the Laney cab as FRFR with cab block and IR into it, or as a regular guitar cab (if that’s even possible)?
Running it as FRFR with cab block and IR. Sounds fantastic. I bought the Austin Buddy live gold tonepack and it sounds awesome

Reactions: LCW
I can highly recommend the XiTone active wedges. Crystal clear response and very loud if needed. Brilliant at every level and with any signal.

If you are in the UK, G66 has the 10" FRFR speaker system that Cooper Carter and Marco Fenton use. They sound great on their channels. Never tried one in person, though.
The MF10 pair is amazing. I’ve tried a few different FRFR rigs and it was by far my favourite

I can highly recommend the XiTone active wedges. Crystal clear response and very loud if needed. Brilliant at every level and with any signal.

If you are in the UK, G66 has the 10" FRFR speaker system that Cooper Carter and Marco Fenton use. They sound great on their channels. Never tried one in person, though.
I purchased the Redsound Ellis.8's. 2 thumbs up

I am not sure what the issue is with the friedman's and fractal product. I have 2 asc 12's and they dont sount as good as they should but a buddy of mine has a helix and we hooked up the same asc 12's to it and they sounded massive. I don't understand it I still scratch my head on it.
The Mission Gm12 2x12 cab is much better, I have found. Sold the Friedman's . And it weighs the same as one Friedman asm 12. A bit bulkier but I'm not going to move it. Happy camper now.

The Mission Gm12 2x12 cab is much better, I have found. Sold the Friedman's . And it weighs the same as one Friedman asm 12. A bit bulkier but I'm not going to move it. Happy camper now.
But like I said you hook the Friedman's up to a helix they sound great and massive. I am just curious why is there such a difference between the axe fx 3 and helix for the tone difference.

I received the Elis.8 bundle some days ago and cannot be happier.
More mid-focused than my Yamaha DXR10 and less bassy... way more open, defined and clear.

Definitely, the feel is closer to a regular guitar cabinet than any other FRFR solution I've tested so far. More "plug and play".

And even if they are quite well balanced (sonically speaking), they still reflect any subtle tweaking in the output EQ.

Back
Top Bottom