Which foot controller am I looking for?

jarrett

Inspired
I'm on the edge of jumping into the Axe-FX world and trying to get an idea of what it would take to build a live rig for my uses. I'm trying to figure out which foot controller would best suit my needs. I'm looking for one that has:

Need to have:
Built in Volume/Wah expression pedal
LED that shows patch numbers
Four patch preset buttons
Four stomp box like effects enablers

Like to have:
Phantom powered by Axe-FX
Tap Tempo switch
LED that shows patch names

Is there a foot pedal out there like that at this time? Thanks in advance.

jarrett said:
I'm on the edge of jumping into the Axe-FX world and trying to get an idea of what it would take to build a live rig for my uses. I'm trying to figure out which foot controller would best suit my needs. I'm looking for one that has:

Need to have:
LED that shows patch numbers
Four patch preset buttons
Four stomp box like effects enablers

Like to have:
Phantom powered by Axe-FX
Tap Tempo switch
LED that shows patch names

Is there a foot pedal out there like that at this time? Thanks in advance.

FCB1010 will do all your needs (with the tap tempo switch included)

jarrett said:
voes said:
FCB1010 will do all your needs (with the tap tempo switch included)

Is that a modification of some type? Or is that standard on them?

standard behringer fcb1010 will do the trick, but the UnO chip (16 dollar) will make your life easier.

The liquid foot will do all that plus it will automatically load the effects sates and patch name from your axe-fx.

Yeah I forgot to mention I am trying to stay on the cheaper side :)

Had sort of kooky idea, could a Line6 X3Live be a MIDI controller for the Axe-FX?

javajunkie said:
The liquid foot will do all that plus it will automatically load the effects sates and patch name from your axe-fx.

jared said:
Need to have:

JJ, the liquid foot has not a built in expressionpedal

jarrett said:
Yeah I forgot to mention I am trying to stay on the cheaper side :)

Had sort of kooky idea, could a Line6 X3Live be a MIDI controller for the Axe-FX?

No, not until they update the firmare to transmit CC message. They are supposed to do this soon along w/ the first Pod X3 pro firmware release.

After that it should everything but phantom power. The podxt live works fine for this, but until a firmware update the PodX3 does not trasmitt anything besides program change messages.

javajunkie said:
No, not until they update the firmare to transmit CC message. They are supposed to do this soon along w/ the first Pod X3 pro firmware release.

After that it should everything but phantom power. The podxt live works fine for this, but until a firmware update the PodX3 does not trasmitt anything besides program change messages.
Wow, so a used POD XTlive would fit the bill?

jarrett said:
javajunkie said:

Wow, so a used POD XTlive would fit the bill?

Yes. It works as a backup as well.

Back
Top Bottom