Which Amp with FX8

Bogner Shiva, works absolutely flawlessly with the FX8 - I'm running it through the hotter rack send and I'm not getting any clipping or tone-loss whatsoever.

Much like my friend Waz above, the FX8 has made me sell all of my pedals - it has replaced a whole heap of Strymons for delays, choruses, reverbs and rotary (Timeline, Flint, BlueSky, Modius and Lex) and all of my drive pedals (Fulltone, Zendrive, Xotics)

I have a Line 6/Bogner DT25 that sounds great with the FX8. Channel switching with relay or midi (only cc)
Would you please tell me more about how to configure the FX8 to work with the DT25?
I tried to make them work together but there was an awful noise when them were connected in 4CM
I really don't remember if I setted them to -10dB or +4dB. I guess I tried both configurations. I use humbuster cables, and a Furman Power conditioner but there was an annoying hum.

Would you please tell me more about how to configure the FX8 to work with the DT25?
I tried to make them work together but there was an awful noise when them were connected in 4CM
I really don't remember if I setted them to -10dB or +4dB. I guess I tried both configurations. I use humbuster cables, and a Furman Power conditioner but there was an annoying hum.
I use humbuster cables for the 4CM, and I had the FX8 set to -10dB. I started from an empty Preset. I don't know what else I can tell you, it just worked...

I'm using my FX8 with a Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister 36 with powersoak down to 18, 5 & 1 watts. Am currently running it at 18w but am going to try 5w so I can push the master a bit more - we mic cabs for gigs anyway so it doesn't need to be crazy loud.

It's a lunchbox amp and I've just switched from a 2x12 cab to a 1x12 - which sounds even better, so my rig couldn't get much smaller now unless I switched to an Axe FX into the PA.

It's worked with the FX8 with zero issues from day one. It's got full MIDI Control with 128 presets and everything saveable per channel, EQ, Prescence, Resonance, Gain, Volume, Reverb, the whole lot. It also has built in effects which are also saveable per preset. They're actually pretty good, but unsurprisingly since getting my FX8 I haven't used any of them other than a little reverb on a couple of presets where I had run out of CPU. Since firmware 3 though - and probably getting to know the FX8 better I'm not using any of the amp's effects at all now.

I'm extremely happy with my sound and have only really had time to scratch the surface with the FX8. Even so I've had numerous compliments on my tone since I started using the FX8, so it's clearly very compatible with - and enhances my amp.

I've now sold most of my old board which included a Suhr Shiba, Koko Boost, Wampler Ego, H9 & Strymon Timeline. I can't say I miss any of them. My guitar sounds better and is super quiet too.

I hope that helps. Definitely worth checking out and used prices are low. Good luck.

20160312_220014_zpsimyejx7e.jpg

I use 2 Hughes and Kettner 25th anniversary (gt12-100 speakers) in stereo. Pre out only. Amazing how clean the fx8 sounds are. Its a g-system plus plus in my opinion.

Looking for suggestions on a low wattage amp that matches well with the FX8. With a loop for 4 CM would be great. Thanks for your help in advance.
Try the Toneking Imperial amp. 20 watts 6V6. It has no fx loop, but you wont miss it

The OR00 works really well, so I imagine other low wattage oranges would work. It does need humbuster cables on the outputs of the fx8
5150 50w also works really well, not low wattage but probably about the same size as many lunchbox choices.

2 hughes and kettner 25th anniversary 150 euro's each replaced the original tubes with electro harmonix. Pre out no effects loop. Amazing how clean this fx8 sounds. No hum whatsoever. I dont use humbuster cables!

Orange OR15. Great little amp, very responsive to the guitar's volume control with the gain set up to 60 percent. Nice, transparent loop as far as I can tell.

VHT Special 12/20 if you are on a budget, really underrated amp. No relays bu otherwise perfect for for low wattage 4cm

Splawn SuperSport 22 watt Head and 1x12 matching Cab.
Scott did a great job with communication and build and it sounds fantastic. Waiting for my invite to purchase FX8
Thanks for all your help and input.

Mark V 90W combo works great also.. (10W/ VARIAC POWER)
Hey how do you switch the amp channel using the mark V 90 watt? Is it using TRS or midi? Just like the mark V 100 its using midi for the footswitch. Im planning to get the 100 watt, as im using the mark v25 which is easier bacause its using trs for the footswitch.

Back
Top Bottom