Whether to get Axe Fx II XL for recording

I guess I figured turning off the speakers was safest. Will just turn down the output from now on! Cheers guys.

Just out of curiosity… is there any reason you don't just plug into the Axe last, after you've already plugged the other end of the cable into your guitar?

I tend to leave the other end connected all the time.. I figure that way there's less wear and tear on the input jack.

How about kill switch on guitar cable itself ?
then turn down sound before shutting power off
you could change guitars that way without harm and I get a lil pop
when I turn things off at furman and I run everything on furman
it turns it all on and off at same time and so far no issue with jbl eon 15s for flat response.

I use my Pa speakers at home for my axe till I can get better flat response or another set of eons
they are consistent with jbl 4328 studio monitors i use for reference or playback.

same sound to my ears very consistent and the eons have 15s they kick ass sound wise behind axe fx II

I use the planet waves with the kill switch on the connector. Love them! No issues with them at all since I began using them. Make sure you get the models without the compression springs because they will wear out your input jack in just a few months.

I use the planet waves with the kill switch on the connector. Love them! No issues with them at all since I began using them. Make sure you get the models without the compression springs because they will wear out your input jack in just a few months.
The cables with the switch sound like a perfect solution. At the moment I've got a normal Planet Waves cable which still works really well, so I might wait until that one wears out before buying another one (or if I need a second cable I'll get one with the switch).

You've got me a bit worried about the compression spring cables. I used one of those as my main cable for about 3 years before it eventually wore out. This was before I owned the Axe FX, but I'm a tad concerned about my Gibson Les Paul Custom. If it had done any damage to the guitar's input it would be noticable yeah? I haven't noticed any change in the guitar's input, even after going back to normal style cables a couple of years ago. Kinda pisses me off that Planet Waves would make a cable that could potentially harm your equipment.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you don't hear a difference and don't feel a difference, it doesn't make any difference.

And even if it did, swapping out a jack is just about the least expensive thing you can have done on your guitar.

I used one for about a year and never had any trouble, nor heard of any before the above post.

....you should've started a new thread, cos I was sitting here wondering what the fuck this bit of conversation had to do with the subject. And, it's something anyone here might want to know about looking at the thread title.

Anyways: the cable and plug look like winners. Of course, if switching from MFC, you could just have a blank patch. I don't have an MFC, and I'm just at home, so I've put zero'd-out volume blocks in my chains and I toggle them.

The cables with the switch sound like a perfect solution. At the moment I've got a normal Planet Waves cable which still works really well, so I might wait until that one wears out before buying another one (or if I need a second cable I'll get one with the switch).

You've got me a bit worried about the compression spring cables. I used one of those as my main cable for about 3 years before it eventually wore out. This was before I owned the Axe FX, but I'm a tad concerned about my Gibson Les Paul Custom. If it had done any damage to the guitar's input it would be noticable yeah? I haven't noticed any change in the guitar's input, even after going back to normal style cables a couple of years ago. Kinda pisses me off that Planet Waves would make a cable that could potentially harm your equipment.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you don't hear a difference and don't feel a difference, it doesn't make any difference.

And even if it did, swapping out a jack is just about the least expensive thing you can have done on your guitar.

I used one for about a year and never had any trouble, nor heard of any before the above post.

Unless the compression springs have changed since the cables I had with them years ago, I wouldn't use them today. Had 2 really nice guitars inputs and an amp input messed up by them. They worked fine with the cable with compression springs, but using another cable all 3 inputs would have bad connections. The guitar input is easy and cheap to fix, but depending on the amp, the input replacement can be a headache and expensive.

Back
Top Bottom