Where to find a "how to" sys-ex updates via MIDI librarian??

j8stringer

Inspired
Can anyone point me in the direction of a how to for updating the firmware with
a MIDI librarian? I've been to the Wiki and after searching I see reference to IR2sysex and also Midi-Ox. What is everybody using? :? I've never entered Sys-Ex before and don't understand the process. :oops:

Can anyone give me a very basic description the process?

I don't have MIDI-OX in front of me so I can't say for certain...

I've used MIDI-OX for every firmware update. I did set some parameters in MIDI-OX per the notes in the firmware .zip but I can't remember where or under what menu I set those.

Other than that I think I go to View menu and select Sysex. A window pops up. There is another menu option that says Load File or something like that and I select that and navigate to the firmware .syx file I want. Then I got to the Axe-FX in the Utility menu and find the place to tell it that the firmware is going to be updated and hit enter... then I go back to MIDI-OX and from the same menu that had load file there is an option to send file.

Make sure there isn't too much time between hitting enter on the Axe-FX to receive the firmware and hitting send file in MIDI-OX. I had too long of a lag the first time and the Axe-FX just sat there.

So generally thats what I do and other than the first time I did it I have never had a problem. Sorry I can't be more specific or attach screenshots but I am not at home.

Good luck.

Bome's SendSX is commonly used by many people on this forum. For me, it had previously been the most reliable... until today (can't get it to load 8.09 on my Ultra). Do a search, you'll find countless posts with instructions for either SendSX or MidiOX.

I'm on an XP Pro box and like my previous post use MIDI-OX. Like others have said Bome's SendSX has also been used.

Hey javajunkie, thats the how to I needed :D Thanks to all for the help and feedback.
I search up both programs and see which is best with my PC. ;)

j8stringer said:
Sorry, I should have said, I'm on a PC. XP pro SP2.

Has anyone tried this sysex program?

http://www.bome.com/midi/sendsx/

I know the latest is beta, but if you go to the bottom of the page,
the older version is good, and XP.

The fastest, most fool proof way to do it.
Beta or standard ... it doesn't mater, set the speed to MAX and you are done.
My updates take 8-9 minutes only.

;)

Back
Top Bottom