when were the presets last updated and housekeeping tips

I cant remember the last time i updated the axe fx presets.

I am still runninng firmware 16.01 (i thinK)

so when i update to the new reversion i know i can use the utility menu to update my amps - does this have the same effect as updating the presets or should I download the new presets and reload my own patches on top etc.

I would also like some advice on housekeeping presets. I have a folder on my PC called axe fx stuff. now it contains hundreds of patches i have downloaded - some are old firware versions , some are patches i have never used and some are patches which are currently on my unit.

now what i want to do is basically quickly back up my own patches i have on my axe unit into a folder. Is that possible or will i have to simply look at the folder on my pc and find the ones i am running on the axe unit and delete the others so i then keep a folder of presets i actually use.

If you are 16.01, you don't need to update amps when you upgrade.

The last presets were updated back in fw 15.

If you want to back up all your presets, use fractalbot. If you want to choose which ones use Axe-rdit-Tools-Axemanage Presets

do the presets update automatically when you update firmware

If you're talking about the factory presets, there's always a set that Cliff releases for each version, altough I am not sure if that's the case for the last FW. If you haven't updated in a while. I'd download the latest factory updated patches and update. That way you can make sure you have the latest ones. Then just start playing. :)

I have now used axe manage tool and backed up the first 50 of my presets that i use into a folder which then listed 50 separate presets. Now if update the presets with the new presets is there a quick way of saving my 50 back to the unit in the same position they were before or do i have to drag and drop individual presets etc

Back
Top Bottom