What's your preferred Boost method?

I added a PEQ with an extra 6db of level at the end of my presets, using an IA switch to trigger…. what's everyone else doing?

Just depends on the musical situation. I use Drive boosts, PEQ boosts and both a scene with a +6db boost for leads. Just depends on the situation at hand and what I need to do.

I use another preset... well, I simply program the sequencer to call it as and when required anyhow
thumbsup.gif

It depends on how you wanna boost. On my mfc I have one IA set to activate the line booster, that usually is a flat or midboosted PEQ block. Before the amp, that affects your gain so it can work instead of a drive block, or stacked with a drive.
As a live boost I have an IA set to turn on a null Filter block with a 2-4ish db boost. This block goes at the very end, and it affects overall volume, without affecting your amps gain.

I stop playing, walk to the back of the stage, turn my power amp up by around 6db, go back out front, play my solo, stop playing, walk back to my power amp, turn it back down, walk back out front again and resume playing rhythm. This works fine except for jazz gigs when I'm trading 4's with the piano player... then I freaking wear out a pair of sneakers every other set.

Last edited:
I use the filter at the end of the chain, that way I can set how much boost I have based on what each preset is and how I use it. I use an IA to toggle it on and off.

Depending on how I want to boost I use a PEQ or GEQ ether before or after the amp block and dial in the level and EQ to taste.

I use my Boss 500 volume pedal pluged in the Pedal-Jack and have anytime total controll to play with my band or at a jam-session. But perhabs it's worth for me to try with a filter and just use teh volume pedal for fine-tuning teh volume:eek:

No one use the Mattman's Boost Trick with MFC? That's a global boost!

Up to pretty much recently I have used this one, very effective and no need mess with blocks. In the process of doing a preset/setup/MFC overhaul now after introduction of scenes, so will try a few alternative and see what works best

Totally depends on what I want to achieve, I use a PEQ, GEQ or Drive if I want to boost certain frequencies more than others and I use a Filter null or PEQ if I just want to boost the level equally across all frequencies.
Placement depends whether I want to affects the tone of an amp or drive or whether I just want to boost the level. In the latter case the boost (PEQ or Filter is placed at the or near the end in the grid).

I use the Vol Block
this is because I can have the flexibility to assign two different modifiers to control the level if I need to

for example:
an XP is assigned to the Volume knob so I can drop the level and clean the tone
an XS is assigned to the Level knob to give a huge boost when going into a 'soloing' tone

Back
Top Bottom