What's your hobby?

Huh? I thought your hobby was poaching said creatures. :). Maybe I’m thinking of someone else.

Seriously, though. Start a brand new forum account. Two minutes later, start a “What’s your hobby?” thread. And do nothing else on the forum but post to that thread. Makes you wonder...

As first threads go it ain't a bad one though. No thread necromancy, on its second page already. Could be a lot worse.

As first threads go it ain't a bad one though. No thread necromancy, on its second page already. Could be a lot worse.
Just over one page after two days of life isn’t a major achievement. Post count isn’t a particularly good measure of thread value, anyway; bait attracts fish. And I never understood why posting to an old thread is so widely vilified.

I'm big into photography and spend a fair bit of time doing that. I've sold off my huge Nikon rig (with the 'trifecta' of f2.8 lenses) and gotten into a mirrorless Fuji system which is a little easier/more convenient to use.

I love making photographs and really 'looking' at the world around me and discovering interesting shapes, colors, geometry, motifs, scenes, etc. that are 'right there' but many times overlooked.

Okay, I confess. I'm with the FBI, and this topic was created to keep track of who's doing what, then to keep track of him.

Okay, I confess. I'm with the FBI, and this topic was created to keep track of who's doing what, then to keep track of him.

So tell us: which FAS device do you own, what do you think of it, which amp or monitor do you use with it?

Just over one page after two days of life isn’t a major achievement. Post count isn’t a particularly good measure of thread value, anyway; bait attracts fish.

I've seem better threads get less posts. And while I agree that post count is not the best measure of a thread's value, it is by far the least subjective measure by which to judge a thread. Do you have an objective yard stick by which to judge a thread's value?

And I never understood why posting to an old thread is so widely vilified.

It's the equivalent of in real life somebody saying something in a group in response to something they said years ago. It's weird. It's beyond effing weird. And most of the time nothing of consequence gets said, mostly something along the line of I agree. And all to often the people to whom they are responded have already left the group. So they're never going to hear the response. And bad internet etiquette. It's almost always done by newbies, which is kinda understandable, as they are new to the forum, but then again, thread necromancy is universally vilified, so are they new to the internet as a whole? Then there are the drunk posters. And finally people who think they have to make a point because they don't think thread necromancy is bad to begin with. ;)

Why go to all that effort when Facebook is full of people doing that already of their own? :wink:

And while I agree that post count is not the best measure of a thread's value, it is by far the least subjective measure by which to judge a thread. Do you have an objective yard stick by which to judge a thread's value?
Thread “value” is a personal assessment where subjectivity may reign. Objective measurements that don’t address the aspect that’s under scrutiny are of no value. :)

Physics, Cosmology, Apologetics....

Not necessarily in that order :)

Old classic TV shows, old radio shows

Video games. COD and Apex. But, as I get older, I've noticed my hands are stressed out. I'm probably going to have quit playing videogames before i cant do either.

fullsizeoutput_419.jpeg
bots are bad...

Back
Top Bottom