What's your go to V30 IR?

2Strats

Inspired
I want to like the Petrucci V30 Mix but it just seems to dark and blah, even with brighter amps. The new Citrus Mix (I think it's a V30) sounds ok but still nothing special to me. The 4x12 1960B sounds ok too but I feel like I'm not getting the best sound because it's not ULTRA-RES. Anyway...

I was looking for what others are using for their main v30 IR. I'm very, very happy with the Greenback and Fender type choices but not so much with the V30 stuff.

Let me know, thanks!

The PVH5150 mixes from the latest Ultra Res Cab Pack are fantastic. They got some low end thump and they don't have that weird nasaly midrange thing going on like a lot of v30 IRs.

I also love the English V30 mixes from the Own hammer packs.

Thanks man, I'll try out those PVH mixes. I'm trying to stay away from 3rd party stuff and just use what's stock in the box.

I don't like V30 either.
The exceptions are the OwnHammer Marshall Checkerboard Studio Modern (no need to buy, included as a sample in the firmware rar) and the Mesa English V30 IR's.
My current favorite is the OwnHammer Marshal Checkerboard Creamback speaker Scott Peterson mix (120Hz low cut, 12000Hz high cut).

Critical Lab Messiah

Do you apply any filters to them? They sounded completely useless to me.

I have to admit that I'm maybe the worst at getting good studio tones. I like what I enjoy while playing live (lonely at home hahaa :) ).

How was it compared to ASEM ? My understanding is that his custom impulses are better than ASEM but you still used it ? I must be sure before making the payment, $ 100 is a lot of money for just a few IRs…

I tend to like the OH EN V30 SS Sp mix I have a ton of V30 IR's and for some reson I tend to gravitate towards this one a lot.
I also really like the stock Oh V30 cab. Mixed with the stock cali with the r121 mic in front of it , with the mesa amps those sound very good

Do you apply any filters to them? They sounded completely useless to me.

I have to admit that I'm maybe the worst at getting good studio tones. I like what I enjoy while playing live (lonely at home hahaa :) ).

I use various Ir , Messiah 2 is my favorite ... Of course I use filters ... Al most in all the presets ... Hi-gain tones by default on Cab 40hz to 60 and 10Khz to 14Khz depending on the amp of choice.

If you need more choice all the OH HGE sounds Awesome to me ... Especial my the 5881 of Mesa and Diezel , both english and chinese 8 ohm

There were a lot of good choices but I ended up going with Guitarhack's This One (V30) and Clark Kent's Gift to Mankind IR.
I know I initially said that I wanted to stay away from 3rd party stuff, but these just sound too good to ignore...

The IR in the latest Fractal cab pack that was an IR of a Mesa Boogie Rectifier cab with an SM57 on the cap. Why? Because it's what Andy Sneap would do, duh! ;)

I wish I had more to contribute here but for the life of me I can't find a V30 IR (or really any for that matter) that sounds as good as the factory 62 V30. And I stand by that ever since I got my axe-fx back in the FW 6 days. None of the ultra-res IR's have the punch and definition that that one does. For any hi-gain amp my go-to recipe is 2 of them in stereo, one with the 87a mic and the other with the 421 mic. Done, no further tweaking in the cab block required and pure awesomeness results.

I guess I need to go back and try factory #62.
I've always felt that the OH stuff was too bright for me, at least the free ones anyway.

Back
Top Bottom