what's your go to spacey Reverb model?

phil92

Experienced
I'm currently trying to dial in a spacey, wide, realistic hall reverb that doesn't sound like a public restroom. And I'm failing. For more subtle reverbs I like the Large Hall, sometimes the Concert Hall, but right now I'm getting nowhere. As soon as I get it big and wet enough I have harsh early echoes that could probably drown in a mix but I hate them and I'm becoming a bit OCD.

So, what are you using? Any good recipes to share?

I love to toy around with the cavernous reverb that has around 60% mix, and a ping pong delay before. This, as well as the ambiance reverb, are awesome for creating a super spacey reverb effect. How big a sound are you looking for?

Maybe try Chorus Hall? It has a slight shimmer which i like. Of course, for Superwide and long, there‘s always the Cloud Verbs (don‘t remember the name, …nimbus etc).

try cirrocumulus, but reduce the time to about 8 seconds, or try the plex verb (edit - i see IR has just suggested that)

if it's the early reflections that are bothering you, then you can always turn them down, or use a long predelay time. they have their own level control

and as budda said, stick it in parallel at 100% mix

Back
Top Bottom