What's your fx chain like?

[HIJACKINGTHREAD]
I've noticed that some pictures are displayed in original size and others (like mine) are thumbnail.

I'm trying to figure how to hell you get them in original size. anybody idea?
[/HIJACKINGTHREAD]

Last edited:
[HIJACKINGTHREAD]
I've noticed that some pictures are displayed in original size and others (like mine) are thumbnail.

[/HIJACKINGTHREAD]

The big pics are hosted somewhere on the internet (like a Dropbox) and posted using the IMG tags. The small thumbnails are uploaded to the forum. Click "Reply With Quote" on a post with a big pic to see how the pic is being hosted.

Excellent thread. Being fairly new to the Axe Fx 2 world, I have been looking for a thread like this. I'd also like to hear other people's thoughts on grid layout and why they choose a certain layout over another.

Last edited:
Damn fine thread. I was going to redo my presets over the next few weeks now that I had a break and wasn't traveling so much. Great time with V11 out. When I purchased the II I just recreated my presets from my Standard. As I have learned more about scenes and integration with the MFC I wanted to take advantage of the features. Looking at the pics gives me a few more ideas. Thanks!

[HIJACKINGTHREAD]

[/HIJACKINGTHREAD]

Open a Photobucket account (free) and upload your pictures there.

Once you upload,

1. copy the direct link
2. click on the "insert an Image" com and paste link url

pictureicon-1.jpg

disable_3.jpg

Photobucket Link

Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing

This might be a good thread to ask this.
I have a hi-gain rhythm tone (Amp X) in scene 1 and Clean tone (Amp Y)with delay and reverb in scene 2. Now, i would like to put the delay and reverb in parallel, but the sound gets reeally loud obviously. I've tried to lower the gain 6db in delay and reverb blocks, but then the rhythm scene 1 stays loud. I also tried to put vol/pan block before the delay and reverb, but it doesn't sound right with that setup. Any good advice how to make my patch work.
do post a picture of your grid layout so we can see what you're trying to do.

Here's the layout I'm currently using with FW11.01 & AE3

DG_FW1101_AE3_Layout_zpsdaeef224.jpg

AXE-FX II

• Input - Vol/Pan1=Mag (left), Vol/Pan2=Piezo (right), FX Loop=VG-99 (Filters for pre/post routing)
  • Output - Main=FRFR, FX Loop=Guitar Cab
  • Pedal - Looper Record or Preset Increment (re-config as needed)

FCB1010 w/ UnO
  • Stomps - 1=Comp, 2=Drive, 3=Phaser, 4=Flanger, 5=Chorus
  • Scenes - 6=1/2 (Amp1 X/Y), 7=3/4 (Amp2 X/Y), 8=5/6 (Piezo), 9=7/8 (VG-99 pre)
  • Pedal 10 - Looper Stop/Play & toggles Exp Pedal A (MultiDly & Reverb)
  • Exp Pedals - A=Delay, B=Wah (auto)

Last edited:
Hi Yek, Ive tried your way with wah and pitch in parallel, but I get bleed from the wah input side when I am trying to get a pure pitch sounds or whammy. Does the mixer somehow prevent this in real time? ie. does the mixer route the 2 separately?

Yes. That's what the mixer is for. When you want wah you turn up channel 2 on the mixer and down channel 3. When you want pitch you invert the settings. For example:

Screen%20Shot%202013-09-14%20at%207.58.28%20PM.png

In this view the MIX block is letting all of the first line through and none of the second line, so you hear the signal passing through the wah block. I have an IA on my MFC assigned to invert the the mixer settings via an attached modifier on the Gain 1 and Gain 2 lines.

Screen%20Shot%202013-09-14%20at%207.59.47%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202013-09-14%20at%208.01.15%20PM.png

You can see that the MIN/MAX values are inverted for the assigned controller on Gain 1 and Gain 2.

Since I don't have any signals coming from Lines 3 or 4 and passing through the MIX block I got lazy and left those channel gains all the way up.

Last edited:
[HIJACKINGTHREAD]

[/HIJACKINGTHREAD]

....use the Quote-Tags (at the right side of the advanced toolbar), rename them into IMG and /IMG and you're golden as long as you'll host your content by a hosting service (there where many free hosters available - I mainly use dropbox myself)

cheers
Paco

Back
Top Bottom