What's your favorite amp model?

Need to revisit Engl sims. Engl Savage tones a la Evergrey are some of my favorite crushing tones ever.

For me, Mark IV and Mark Clean have been staples. Love HBE a ton, and the Lonestar/Shiva/VHT Blue all do great midgains. Really like the Slash amp for juiced marshall.

I've been loving the Komet 60 and Swart Space Tone sims for snarly tele tones. Those two are sleepers.

Only had my Axe FX II a couple of months and still working my way through the amp list. My favourite right now by a long shot is the Cameron CCV. You can get any tone you want out of that thing. Can't believe there isn't more discussion on it!

My favorites are usually the Carol Ann Tuscana or Marshall type amps...esp the #34 modded. Since I just got my new JP15 guitar I've been playing the USA pre LD2 YLW. Blowing my freaking mind. I love this box. You could spend a life time getting to know each of these amp/models and how unique each of them are.

Friedman hbe, evh 5150iii red. Cleans its one of the usa clean models. I always want to experiment more but come back to these.

I also like the brit silver which sounds close to my jubilee 25watter that I have, however its collecting dust and may be sold soon. :D

Guess I'll give a serious answer to this thread. My favorites are:
  1. 5150 Block Letter
  2. Recto 1 Red
  3. VH4 Blue Ch.3
  4. Uberschall
  5. SLO100 Clean & Lead
  6. Herbert Ch.3
  7. JVM410 OD2 Orange
  8. EVH 5150 III Red

Reactions: DTS
1. Brit Silver with Skyline tone stack swap, variac at 75%
2. SV Bass with Skyline Deep tone stack swap and KT88 power tube swap
3.USA Lead Brt + with Hook Edge tone stack swap
4. Vibra King with Rumble HRM tone stack swap
5. Band Commander with German V4 tone stack swap

Brit 800 #34 for crunch and Fender Twin for everything else. For recording I'll add the Mesa Boogie from the Petrucci factory preset, as it creates a monster when mixed together. Similarly with fuzz into a clean amp tones adding the Brit 800 #34 in recording makes for a better mixed tone.

Cleans - Band commander, Divided By 13 FTR 37, Fender 6g4
Dirtyish - Marshall SLP, Divided By 13 FTR 37
Heavy - 5153 blue 100 Watt, Friedman BE, Cameron
Lead - Two Rock , 5153 Red, Cameron

Komet 60
Carol Ann OD2
Diesel blue or silver or Herbert
This isn’t even fair.. Wrecker, Bludo, Lonestar, Dumble, Dirty Shirley.. it just keeps going.

Last edited:
Haven’t found my favourites yet. Still exploring...and discovering :)

As a « heavy-lover », I like the Peavey and Rectos. But recently, I’ve played around with Marshalls.

Blind-folded, I’ll go to the VH4...but it’s because I can find there the tone I’m familiar with as I’ve played Diezel for the last decade.

Mark II C++
Fender Vibrating
USA Clean
Brit 800
Fender 5F8 Tweed
Texas Lonestar
Euro Blue

I don't think there is a bad amp in the Axe FX. They all sound amazing.

I use a handful of amps for a variety of tasks but if I were to select one amp it'd be the Herbert
between the 3 models it has the versatility to hit pretty much anything I need it to do
not just rocks / metal, but also funk, blues, rockabilly, country..
sounds crazy but it's true.. it's like a Swiss Army knife

I'm sure there are plenty of others that can do the same
I guess I just really know and understand this amp

Back
Top Bottom