What's wrong with the Legacy amp model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavyplayer

Experienced
Cliff, not trying to stir the pot but I've been having issues with this amp since back in the axefx II days and now the III. What is the deal with this amp sounding so weak? Meaning I've had a lot of experience with the Original NOT the 3 and neither one can manage to give that fuzzy/spongy tone with effortless pitch harmonics. And using the DS-1 doesn't even help and that's one of the pedals that pushes the amp into a scream machine, at least when I used the real deals.

The big hair (which is a great model btw) I can get more harmonics from that than the amp in question. Could it be the transformer you talked about causing this? And it's not just about harmonics the legacy amp has this fuzzish gain thing going on not over done just right. Anyone who knows Steve Vai's tone knows this amp, you dont need to own the real thing. Is it possible to have a look or tell me why it sounds off? I've even used a legacy v30 cab IR and it's still not there. I hate always bringing it up and was even going to buy the real amp but why when I have it in the axe, it just doesn't sound right. And it gets annoying to avoid that amp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom