What's With The Secrecy?

JazzMac251

Inspired
I've seen a couple requests for more info regarding specs and dimensions, at least once coming from me. This info is not featured on the FX8 page, and, unless I'm missing something, it's not bring provided here in the forum.

As I understand it, we're not too far off from product launch. If that's the case, what's the point in withholding dimension and weight info? that info is obviously not going to change since the unit must already be in the production stage. It's not like Fractal is in any real danger of getting scooped by another company producing a smaller or lighter version before they can get theirs to market. So, what's with the secrecy?

I'm looking into incorporating the FX8 into my stage rig because it looks like doing so will allow me to downsize significantly. This would have a real positive impact on my life, but it also requires hours of work. Before I do that work, I'd like to know the unit isn't going to be twice as heavy as an axefx and 4 times as large. :) I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat...

Thanks! That's awesome! Anybody have any word on weight?

I just shipped a beta unit back to Fractal. The shipping weight in the original box with packaging was approx. 14lbs. So the unit is clearly lighter than that. It isn't heavy or large and wouldn't clutter a stage up.

Alan Phillips
Carol-Ann Amps.

I just shipped a beta unit back to Fractal. The shipping weight in the original box with packaging was approx. 14lbs. So the unit is clearly lighter than that. It isn't heavy or large and wouldn't clutter a stage up.

Alan Phillips
Carol-Ann Amps.

beta review perhaps? ;)

Alan Phillips
Carol-Ann Amps.
Thanks for the reply! That's significantly lighter than the AxeFX 2's shipping weight. That's exactly what I was hoping to hear.

I love you guys, but damn I feel like this forum gets a little too nitpicky sometimes.

Obviously the thing isn't going to weight more than 15 pounds. It's an all digital floorboard. The Axe II is efficient in weight and size, so I think it's (well, was now that we have the weight) safe to say that it's not going to be a gigantic, gig-ruining brick. Gah! Chill people!

Where is the official demo?.......or any demo?.......Mark Day has a BE100 & FX8........what's the problem? I hear he's an "artist in residence", but does that residence have bars on the windows/doors with no internet connection? lol

I love you guys, but damn I feel like this forum gets a little too nitpicky sometimes.

Obviously the thing isn't going to weight more than 15 pounds. It's an all digital floorboard. The Axe II is efficient in weight and size, so I think it's (well, was now that we have the weight) safe to say that it's not going to be a gigantic, gig-ruining brick. Gah! Chill people!

Gig ruining? No. Rack ruining? Since it's a floor unit, that's entirely possible. Glad to hear it's going to be relatively light, though.

Where is the official demo?.......or any demo?.......Mark Day has a BE100 & FX8........what's the problem? I hear he's an "artist in residence", but does that residence have bars on the windows/doors with no internet connection? lol

I'm working on it. I wanted it to look pretty and be on a proper board with the EV-1's. Time is my enemy, I have to do this at home, unless of course you would like to offer cartage to work and back, hehe. Oh and I live on the 4th floor with no elevator. I hope to make some progress this weekend :) I wish I could invite you all to my place to hear this setup...OMG!!!!!

Mark

I'm working on it. I wanted it to look pretty and be on a proper board with the EV-1's. Time is my enemy, I have to do this at home, unless of course you would like to offer cartage to work and back, hehe. Oh and I live on the 4th floor with no elevator. I hope to make some progress this weekend :) I wish I could invite you all to my place to hear this setup...OMG!!!!!

Mark

Where can I purchase those EV-1 pedals? I cannot seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks! (And thanks for the demo you are doing. I'm waiting with bated breath).

Mark

Dude, Get those Les Pauls away from the baseboard heater!!! LOL

Love that Pedal board !! Can't wait for the demo.
Mark, do I spy a Alex Lifeson LP there ?

Back
Top Bottom