What's this fizz?

jimfergie

Let's see if this works. This is the Dr. Z amp, what is the fizz after the note that has a feint volume swell? Is there a way to get rid of it?

OK that doesn't work, I'll keep trying

Are your outputs clipping when this is happening ?
if so try turning down level in amp block some till they dont clip.
Also what is your cpu level when on this patch ??

If you are on 13 you will have to go in and touch everything and you might have to bring level down
I just upgraded and have to do that but its not a bad thing Its just some minor tweaks in amp block and
can be done and store enter enter and it should stop..

Im told none of the efx settings should change but since the amps are hotter you might bring levels down
till it does stop. Then bump them right up and back from clipping..

This solved the issue for me some but this might be a different noise I was getting static out of left speaker and
winds up being outputs were clipping we dropped the level and it quit.

I'm having the same issue since I can think having the axe fx II. Has nothing to do with firmware or patches. That's the reason why I had to record my songs on real amps. I'm waiting for the II XL and try this one out maybe it's not having this noise.

Do you have a patch? It sounds like it may have something to do with the built in noise gate or compression I would start there. Turn off any compression and make sure the noise gate threshold is set to OFF.

i get this too, i was hoping to wait until i get a new guitar this week to see if its doing the same thing. its not the compressor kicking in, it happens with it disengaged as well. this was my first thought.

Thank you for your replies, let' see:

No they don't seem to be clipping.
I'm on 10.02 (I'm still on a 10.6.8 Mac, can't upgrade and keep the USB working)
CPU level is around 73%
Sorry on uploading the patch, I've never been able to use the Axe Edit on my Mac.
No, no wireless, just a guitar cord and USB ino the computer, headphones out of the AxeFx.

In playing with it, the Dr Z amp has alot of hiss, much more than others.
I played with turning the compressor off, not much difference.
You can pretty much eliminate the hiss with the noise gate threshold up half way, alot of hiss with it turned down.
It seems like it's the noise gate interacting with a noisy amp.

Thanks again and we'll keep messin with it.

I was having same issues in the AC30TB after updating to 12.04b. I found that adjusting compressor threshold and amp level removed the fizz. I also toyed with INPIMP in the GTE screen (LAYOUT>>). They all seemed to be working against each other at some settings.

maybe im not hearing the same thing, but it sounds like noise occurring before the Axe, ala cable pickup. Like gain or something. Soinds like the gate is catching it on the fade.

Thank you for your replies, let' see:

No they don't seem to be clipping.
I'm on 10.02 (I'm still on a 10.6.8 Mac, can't upgrade and keep the USB working)
CPU level is around 73%
Sorry on uploading the patch, I've never been able to use the Axe Edit on my Mac.
No, no wireless, just a guitar cord and USB ino the computer, headphones out of the AxeFx.

In playing with it, the Dr Z amp has alot of hiss, much more than others.
I played with turning the compressor off, not much difference.
You can pretty much eliminate the hiss with the noise gate threshold up half way, alot of hiss with it turned down.
It seems like it's the noise gate interacting with a noisy amp.

Thanks again and we'll keep messin with it.

What's not working? 13.02 and everything is working with me. (Mac 10.6.8)

Use the older driver. I do.

how was this recorded? Do you hear the same thing using headphones plugged into the AFx2 (and no USB connected) or through speakers?

Back
Top Bottom